Clients asking prices of pro products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailedit00

Reaction score
I have been wondering what an appropriate response would be to clients asking trade prices? I get asked quite a lot how much I pay for a bottle of shellac for some reason and I don't know what to say? It's normally people suggesting it must be so expensive because I think for a mobile tech my collection is pretty impressive and my clients are shocked when I get my collection of colour pops out I feel like saying none of your business but of course I can't! Do other techs get asked this and if so what do you say? I don't want to tell them my prices it's not professional but I want to be as polite as possible

I'd laugh it off- "oh I dread to think, a lot of money, but it pays off because I know I'm giving my clients high quality nails that I'm proud of" or something! X

I tell them making sure to included VAT and the cost of the lamp, and all the extras like scrubfresh, etc. and watch their eyes widen with shock, but I'm of a view you can find out approximate prices on the Internet anyway. I always point out there are cheap fakes available on the net and that I only buy from the authorised distributor

I would just say you buy in bulk to get a trade discount so wouldn't know how much each individual polish was.

I would just say you buy in bulk to get a trade discount so wouldn't know how much each individual polish was.

I'd be worried that would give the impression of being a poorly informed business owner :confused::oops:

I'd be worried that would give the impression of being a poorly informed business owner :confused::oops:
But just because clients ask personal questions about our business, it doesn't entitle them to the answer! I wouldnt dream of asking the salon that does my nails questions like that, it really isn't my business and I can't imagine they would tell me if I did!

I have clients ask me and I think to myself I wonder if they would ask me Sainsbury's how much he pays for a tin of soup!! Lol

I just laugh & say alot [emoji15]

I always have clients who say "it must cost a lot to buy your products". I always answer with a slight laugh, smile and say back "yes, but it's worth it as I only bring in the best for my clientele." Tends to shut them up lol

I'd laugh it off- "oh I dread to think, a lot of money, but it pays off because I know I'm giving my clients high quality nails that I'm proud of" or something! X
I love this response

Thanks for your help! I just don't want them trying to work out how much profit I make, I mean it's not an incredible amount but we have to make something! I get a few situations where I have no idea what to do as I'm still new to this, I think let me ask the geeks I always get great help thank you x

I just blab on about how I always use the most expensive brands and how worth it soooo is .....[emoji12]

Thanks for your help! I just don't want them trying to work out how much profit I make, I mean it's not an incredible amount but we have to make something! I get a few situations where I have no idea what to do as I'm still new to this, I think let me ask the geeks I always get great help thank you x

They are not paying for a wholesale product....
They are paying for a professional to perform a quality service.
What you decide is profit is down to you! :cool:

Latest posts

Back