Clients being pushy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarLouise

Reaction score
How do you all deal with a client who bombards you with text messages at least 5 a day 😣
I'm scared when my phone vibrates lol
I did a colour on a lady on Thursday, since Friday she has complained about the colour, which is fine I've apologised and agreed to change it.
I work evenings in a bar, from 6pm until at least 3am, when I've finished my shift not joking I've been opening my phone to 5 texts of various pictures of colours and questions that I've already answered, keeps chopping and changing the day and times, if I don't reply within 15 minutes I get question marks, it's just not normal to text someone that much. Last night I finally got a night off, was having a few bank holiday drinks with my boyfriend, I get two more texts at 10.30pm 😣😣 today she changed her appointment to Wednesday at 12pm rather than Tuesday evening. Then just now she sends me the same picture I've received about 7 times in the past weekend now asking if I can do it tomorrow morning instead?! By then I've made other plans. Am I overreacting. I completely understand she isn't happy with her hair, I haven't been ignoring her completely I'm just busy? I can't reply the split second she sends a text. I don't think anyone can?! I feel exhausted from it all. Sorry for the loooong rant, trying to explain this to my boyfriend doesn't help as he doesn't understand I can't just not text her back and ignore lol you guys understand better
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Tricky situation. You've given her an inch and now she's taking you down the garden path...

If it was me, I'd probably block her number after correcting her colour and never give her another appointment. However, if you're happy to keep her as a client you're going to have to set some basic ground rules about communicating with you. Explain that you will only be dealing with hairdressing related matters on xx days and between say, 2 - 8 pm. Outside of these times you will not be available. Or something along those lines.

I'm considering that she's a nice girl but causing alot of distress lol I just hope I get it right this time and never hear from her again. I had a bad feeling when she first text me, again she text whilst I was at college, because I didn't reply I got two or three messages why I hadn't replied I automatically thought this was strange.

I have a client exactly like this went for a consultstion by the time i reached her door she had sent me 8 messages with hair colours...kept bombarding me with texts ranging grey hair - purple then blonde back to grey again couldn't make up her mind.. she then text me last mon asking could i come round that day & do it i was on holiday!... haha shes a lovely girl tho :( xxx

Just text me again changing the time 😤😤😤 honestly just want a day where I don't have to talk to her lol

God how frustrating, that would annoy me too. Couldn't you just say "I am happy to correct your colour on [xx] day, unfortunately this is the only appointment I have for the next month as I am extremely busy in the months leading up to summer. We can discuss colours/styles during your consultation, so there is no need to send me any more pictures. I have all colours with me so any colour you settle on will not be a problem. I will text you before your appointment as a reminder, see you on [xx]" that way she knows you are going to see her on that day, and to not send any more messages. I'd have to be blunt with them! xxxxx

I'd want to send a text saying: "This is an auto-response, I am away from my phone right now and will be in touch shortly" probably very unprofessional though so explain to her you can only deal with hair related messages at certain times of the day and ignore anything that comes through after this time. I find the row of question marks really rude.

God how frustrating, that would annoy me too. Couldn't you just say "I am happy to correct your colour on [xx] day, unfortunately this is the only appointment I have for the next month as I am extremely busy in the months leading up to summer. We can discuss colours/styles during your consultation, so there is no need to send me any more pictures. I have all colours with me so any colour you settle on will not be a problem. I will text you before your appointment as a reminder, see you on [xx]" that way she knows you are going to see her on that day, and to not send any more messages. I'd have to be blunt with them! xxxxx

That's a very good message to send, I think you need to create boundrys, don't reply to any messages untill at least an hour after she's sent them & never after 6pm it can wait till morning, when u answer after an hour say you were busy untill now, always maintain how busy you are, she'll start to realise she's not your number one priority, sometimes especially when mobile we bend over backwards far too much and it ends up being all consuming & people take advantage, since I opened my shop with set hours & days I don't do anything outside of work hours, I'll leave customer texts till morning if they come through after I leave the shop, occasionally I will answer but then it gets like it is for you, it's a bit much & I feel like saying go away lol, by having my boundaries tho I avoid this feeling :)

i would call her so she has nothing to text about

This would drive me crazy! She should wait for you respond....bin her off soon as. Sounds like more hassle!

God I'm bumping this up as it been a well over a month and she's text me today saying it's very warm and wants to know if I used semi or permanent shall I ignore. I feel like things will just be worse if I reply

God I'm bumping this up as it been a well over a month and she's text me today saying it's very warm and wants to know if I used semi or permanent shall I ignore. I feel like things will just be worse if I reply
Been a month since youve done the colour? Is she complaining about it?

I'm not sure. And don't know if I even want to find out. She said herself in the text 'it's gone very ginger since you last done my colour a month ago, is it semi or permanent?'

I'm not sure. And don't know if I even want to find out. She said herself in the text 'it's gone very ginger since you last done my colour a month ago, is it semi or permanent?'
Hmm not sure. Reply but be fully booked maybe? Lol

Yes, say you're fully booked.

Mention reasons it could have faded and remention her after care.

Latest posts

Back