Clients birthdays?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elegant

Reaction score
Hiya, does anyone do anything for regular clients when it is their birthday, like a discount voucher or exclusive offer just for them etc. I'm looking for any ideas xx

The salon I go to always gives me a discount on a treatment for my birthday. I get a text every year! I think it was about 25% off last year.

A question?

How many places to you go to regularly who recognise and remember your birthday by giving you money off?

A card is sufficient if you even want to do that! Personally I don't think it is necessary at all. Cheaper to bake some cupcakes and serve one with a candle with their coffee if you feel you need to do something. 25% off? You must be kidding! I'd never give someone 25% off. :eek:

We are running businesses not a 'coffee clutch'! Clients are clients not our blossom buddies. I keep it pro. I really like my clients, I always have, but they are not part of my real life. I've had other schemes for loyalty but Why should we keep spending out for birthdays, Christmas, barmizfas, and other life events ... Where do you stop? JMPO

Last edited:
A question?

How many places to you go to regularly who recognise and remember your birthday by giving you money off?

A card is sufficient if you even want to do that! Personally I don't think it is necessary at all. Cheaper to bake some cupcakes and serve one with a candle with their coffee if you feel you need. You do something. 25% off? You must be kidding! I'd never give someone 25% off. Lol

We are running businesses not a 'coffee clutch'! Clients are clients not our blossom buddies. I keep it pro. I really like my clients, I always have, but they are not part of my real life. I've had other schemes for loyalty but Why should we keep spending out for birthdays, Christmas, barmizfas, and other life events ... Where do you stop? JMPO

Have to say that I do agree with this. If you are one of the fortunate ones who has a well established business and is therefore booked solid day in day out with different clients each day, you could end up doing a discounted treatment every day! So in theory you are doing yourself out of a few more pounds each day, which doesn't sound a lot, but total that up each month and each year, that's quite a hefty sum :wink2: I think a card is a nice enough gesture or yes, a cupcake of a couple of nice choccies with their coffee would be a nice touch :)

I have only one client who i give a posh box of choccies to on her birthday. She regularly buys my daughters presents for Christmas and Easter eggs for Easter. I see her every week for a treatment. I don't do it to earn her loyalty but because I like her.

I have given some regulars a card if it's a special birthday but that's it.

I always send a nice card to my regulars and if they book an appointment near their birthdays I upgrade them on their treatment eg from basic to spa pedicure or offer mini mani for free, give them few sachets of a nice cream or bath salts or whatever I know they would like and I can offer to them without it costing me too much in time or money. It's a gesture that counts.

I know that time is money but I like my customers and I strongly believe that people buy from those who they like.

So if they like me and feel liked by me it's a good prospect for the future :)

That's my philosophy :)

I always send a nice card to my regulars and if they book an appointment near their birthdays I upgrade them on their treatment eg from basic to spa pedicure or offer mini mani for free, give them few sachets of a nice cream or bath salts or whatever I know they would like and I can offer to them without it costing me too much in time or money. It's a gesture that counts.

I know that time is money but I like my customers and I strongly believe that people buy from those who they like.

So if they like me and feel liked by me it's a good prospect for the future :)

That's my philosophy :)
I absolutely agree ... I would not put a cent in the pocket of someone I didn't like BUT
You can't buy your clients' loyalty or make them like you with anything other than your nice personality and good work.

A mini mani is both time and money and so are products. Let's put it this way ... It is a woman's way of doing 'business' you would never see a man doing this lol. Can you imagine? uh uh .. Not for me. There are other things to reward for that pay you without it bring birthdays. JMO

I think it's nice for those to treat your clients gives them a feeling of appreciation as it does with you when they return. Obviously don't go crackers and give free treatments away if it's gonna cost you money but I don't see the harm in giving them a card n a lil voucher for the next time they come.

Ps men are not that bad my sister took her car for m.o.t the other month on her birthday aswell the poor thing and he knocked her a tenner off! Got his name out there and he very well established so I suppose he can afford to x

Thanks for all of your thoughts and ideas. I'm constantly thinking of new things to try, maybe some sort of loyalty card may be better, who knows! If i do decide on something need to make sure it's the right thing. X

I think it's nice for those to treat your clients gives them a feeling of appreciation as it does with you when they return. Obviously don't go crackers and give free treatments away if it's gonna cost you money but I don't see the harm in giving them a card n a lil voucher for the next time they come.

Ps men are not that bad my sister took her car for m.o.t the other month on her birthday aswell the poor thing and he knocked her a tenner off! Got his name out there and he very well established so I suppose he can afford to x

He over charged in the first place, then took a tenner off so he's still in pocket!

I agree with Geeg.

We have a local hand car wash place. They have a loyalty card i.e. 4 visits get the 5th free. Personally, I think they do an excellent job and work very hard. For this reason, I never have my loyalty card stamped. I am willing to pay them properly for the excellent work and service they give me. I wouldn't consider trying anywhere else.

I hope my clients feel the same about me. We provide a luxury service which no one has to have. If a client wants it, they will pay the correct price for it.

A salon near me gives ppl 25% off and posts them a card some of my clients went there first and now come to me and two said, I got it in the post but I prefer to come here so I don't do it but I am thinking of doing if you spend x amount on xyz you get a free mini mani or something which is getting them to spend more money rather than discounting a service but they will think its good as people usually get treatments for their birthday and end up spending more x

I didn't read all the previous posts till scrolling up and having another read I too believe if you treat your client with respect and you are kind to them they will be loyal and come back I have a great client base and at Xmas I was so surprised at how many bought me all sorts of lovely things

I think if you offer a small amount of time to them free when they are already spending money on other treatments it's not like your loosing money really as they have paid full price for other treatments, they will also tell their friends and recommend you to other people if they like and trust you

Like adding a scrub and hand massage to there basic gel treatment something like that the cost is minimal but the thought is there x

Latest posts

Back