Clients buying their own tanning kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Is anyone finding there clients are talking about doing this?
I have a few clients that have bought the whole pro kit - no training or anything and they now get their mum/friend to spray them! Then text me asking me for advice!!! :mad:

Has anyone else got clients doing this? I don't think it should be allowed! am wrong to be peed off?

Kylie -x-

Hey I had a client once as me to go to their house and use their machine to tan them...as her friend wasn't very good at it! I didn't go!
It's really hard these days because anyone can do a day course or buy some products but that doesn't mean they should be able to!
I don't think there is much we can do but get annoyed and find new business!!
2 of my friends were coming to me for bio sculpture nails and then today I saw they were minxed for £10 in town!! : (( shame hey!!!
Xx

Hey I had a client once as me to go to their house and use their machine to tan them...as her friend wasn't very good at it! I didn't go!
It's really hard these days because anyone can do a day course or buy some products but that doesn't mean they should be able to!
2 of my friends were coming to me for bio sculpture nails and then today I saw they were minxed for £10 in town!! : (( shame hey!!!
Xx

I guess these companies just want the dosh! It doesn't make it very professional though.
I used to live in Nuneaton chick! not far from you.
It's funny because most people think theyve been minxed for a tenner when really its them horrible tacky trendy wraps. The joy I have telling people that :biggrin: x

Xx

£10.00! :mad: How on earth can they do minx for that?? It costs nearly that much to buy in? Why Silly people cheapen a good brand I'll never know.:rolleyes:

£10.00! :mad: How on earth can they do minx for that?? It costs nearly that much to buy in? Why Silly people cheapen a good brand I'll never know.:rolleyes:

Tell me about it!! I think it's an offer they are doing one day a week!! Shame for people like us : (( xx

I suppose its something you're never going to be able to stop in any profession really..people cut their own hair, paint their own walls etc...but when they want their cheap jobs fixed you can always say 'my insurance wont cover me for fixing other peoples mess-ups':wink2: !! Should've gone to a professional..thats what we pay to train for...:biggrin:

It's funny because most people think theyve been minxed for a tenner when really its them horrible tacky trendy wraps. The joy I have telling people that :biggrin: x

Sorry I know this thread is regarding clients own tan kits but I have to say
I use Trendy wraps and I don't think they're tacky. Granted they weren't the first and almost anyone can buy them but they do the job just great. The difference is I can charge less which is important for my area. I always state they are trendy though and explain the difference and wouldn't dream of passing them off as Minx.

Ooooo frustrating indeed - but if a customers determined they will find a way to buy the equipment

however whenever a customer mentions to me about them or anyone they know attempting untrained salon treatments at home ....

I make a funny little face and go 'ooooo... right' and say no more lol and they always ask 'why why what you think', then I proceed to tell them the potential contraindications, risks, professionalism etc & finish off with a little note on quality lol :biggrin: all very pleasant and light and nice

I find that knocks on the head any ideas of rogue beauticians lol

I haven't had anyone buy a kit but I get lots of clients asking me how much every costs to set up with equipment and training as they would like to be able to tan themselves. They usually find that it is more cost effective to pay out £20 every so often for me to spray them and forgetting about starting up on there own pretty quickly!! Lol xx

I get this all the time! Customers asking pricing of things , costs to train, thinking it's easy money it's nowhere near as easy as it looks is always my response ! I'm sure some book me just to quiz me & watch me to be fair xx

Sorry I know this thread is regarding clients own tan kits but I have to say
I use Trendy wraps and I don't think they're tacky. Granted they weren't the first and almost anyone can buy them but they do the job just great. The difference is I can charge less which is important for my area. I always state they are trendy though and explain the difference and wouldn't dream of passing them off as Minx.

Well as long as you and your clients are happy then that's the main thing! Minx and trendy wraps just don't compare. They are different qualities of nail wraps. Hence the difference in price.
I know not all therapist pass them off as Minx, but a lot of them are doing so.

I know that's completely wrong!! You never know, I might change to Minx as only just started out so watch this space!

Another nail tech near me is advertising " minx for £12 or £9 if clients come to her" but they are trendy wraps! Usually when a client asks how much for this how much for that I tell them my lamp, an ibd jet 5000 was £250! That usually stops them asking about the cost of everything else!!

Latest posts

Back