Clients cancelling!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink coconut

Reaction score
i just need to vent!...
i always send a courtesy txt on the day of the tanning booking just to check the client has remembered and is ready,....why do they then wait til then to say, hi, "oh actually can you spray me.......instead?" like i can just slot around them!
in mobile and have a baby, so takes me time to prep kit, sort childcare etc, and it really pi#@*s me off that people are not considerate?
does anyone else go through this??
that's 2 last min cancellations tonight now, i realise some things cant be helped but when its just blasay, " oh actually... It makes me mad!!!!!

i just need to vent!...
i always send a courtesy txt on the day of the tanning booking just to check the client has remembered and is ready,....why do they then wait til then to say, hi, "oh actually can you spray me.......instead?" like i can just slot around them!
in mobile and have a baby, so takes me time to prep kit, sort childcare etc, and it really pi#@*s me off that people are not considerate?
does anyone else go through this??
that's 2 last min cancellations tonight now, i realise some things cant be helped but when its just blasay, " oh actually... It makes me mad!!!!!

Cancellations are part of the job im afraid! :-( very very annoying!

Try texting the day before, then if they do cancel that will save little bit of hassle x x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I had someone phone up at 10 and book in at 3pm today. Still waiting on them showing up. I've newly opened my salon and had to turn folk away for tans this afto. Mega cheesed off.

I'm a mobile hairdresser and last night I went to do a mother and daughter's colours.so id organised and packed(child care too)all the stuff id needed and drove over( also sent a reminder text in the morning, she replied she was looking forward to it).only to discover no one was in! I called the mother no answer, called the daughter she said she was at her mates and her mum had gone out for dinner!!! The daughter then proceeded to tell me they really wanted the appointment tomorrow so to come back tomorrow the same time!!!! I said 'o your too kind, but I'll stick with the clients I've already got booked in tomorrow, but thanks'. Ggggggrrrrrrrrr then the mother texts me late last night saying it hadn't crossed her mind and that tomorrow as arranged with her daughter was actually a lot better for them and thanks!!!
You've got to laugh xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh girl! Vent away! I can totally relate Hun!!!! Mondays are my day off at the studio and this is the day I take advantage of taking all my old in home clients from when I was only doing in home services. This Monday I had 3 bookings for facials and one for waxing and a gel manicure. Three rescheduled for next Monday, the other had to cancel for money issues (which I can't be mad about) but still....! I lost a good $300 clean cash before tips. I was not impressed. The hard part is that these are our clients, our money, so we have no choice but to stay calm, be nice to them, and not let it show that we are annoyed at them or else they'll go elsewhere. Which we don't want. Never tell them how you truly feel!

Stay on there Hun!

thanks all:)
i realise its all part and parcel of the job but sometimes it just gets to me.

thanks guys x

Personally I don't send reminder texts as find this gives them the opening to cancel and move appointments. Cancellations seem to be part of the job though which annoys me! Like we have nothing better to do with our lives and our bills don't need paying!

Welcome to the world of businesd, imparticular beauty. Ive had a 50% 48hr cancellation charge which ive had since day 1. I enforce it vigorously. Yes in the beginning i lost clients, but had a business to run. I was confidentnin my business so stuck with it. Yes i still get cancellations and my regulars are happy to pay it because they want to come to my salon. Any new customer that wantsba treatmemt that is 1 hour or more is required to pay a 25% non-refundable deposit. Most will pay it, the odd one wont. Those that dont, dont get an appointment. Theyre told to call in when they want the treatment. Once theyve called in 3 times and cant get appointment, they soon pay deposit. Im running a professional business and treat it as such x

couldn't resist posting as I have been really down lately due to cancelations, mainly from potential new clients (which I desperately need) I am fairly new and didn't expect this during the so-called ''busy'' period and the most upsetting thing is they never call back at a later date and rebook and I am very polite with my replies

another frustration is regulars takings ''breaks'' what's all that about :grr:

couldn't resist posting as I have been really down lately due to cancelations, mainly from potential new clients (which I desperately need) I am fairly new and didn't expect this during the so-called ''busy'' period and the most upsetting thing is they never call back at a later date and rebook and I am very polite with my replies

another frustration is regulars takings ''breaks'' what's all that about :grr:

Ever thought it could be someone out to sabotage you??? Unfortunately regulars do this. I personally think they try somewhere else for a change, buy hey at least they come back.

Latest posts

Back