Clients cancelling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
So I've had 4 clients cancel this week :( two cancelling only 30 mins before the appointment meaning I didn't have time to re arrange to do something else that day. Does it bother anyone else? I don't mind when they cancel a day or two before its when its on the day and I could of done something else that day or booked someone else in. It's like people don't consider your time. Luckily I only do extensions part time, I wanted to go full time but the cancelling puts me off like your have no idea how much your earning that week when people cancel :/

Bugs me. Worse though is when they book in day before with you then don't show up!! Happened last sat morn! Rushing to get in before they did as running late then no show! How inconsiderate.

Bugs me. Worse though is when they book in day before with you then don't show up!! Happened last sat morn! Rushing to get in before they did as running late then no show! How inconsiderate.
Yeah I know same I only got back of holiday yesterday rushed home cleaned all the room and then she cancels 15 mins before.. Urgh
Do u re book in clients that cancel only a few mins before the appointment ? X

No they have been ones that were originally a walk in client in for a blow dry or a cut then they ask to book in again for colour in 6 weeks then they text at last min to say they can't make it for whatever reason and say they will make another when ready. They never do. I don't get it.

It's so annoying. I know a lot of salons that charge 15% on top of the next service for no shows or ask for a 20% deposit for next appointments for people who cancel within 24 hours. Maybe just pop a polite not up in your shop then it saves you telling people.

I just had some one call to cancel but she was a phone booked client who called this morning last minute and my regular client cancelled due to family crisis so her slot was open.

This new client firstly arrives hour EARLY I say you welcome to come sit in waiting area but I be another hour she said no no I go to shops but I sure you said this time. 15min later she calls and got all stroopy says she cancelling as she had kept this time aside and now I am the one who changed her time so she cancelling.

Now my first reaction was to apologize and try re book then I thought hang on:
Firstly she is Afrikaans meaning they pronounce their time differently to English ppl, meaning if their app is 2.30pm they will say half one. So I think she mixed time up herself , secondly : I am also convinced she just decided to look for cheaper place as my prices were bit higher then other salons due to fact I actually am qualified and also use only high quality products!
If she has a wedding tomorrow , why would she cancell if the time she called me was literally only 30min till her appointed anyway?!

rant over !

I had one this morning that sent me an Email to cancel with 2 minutes till her appointment and her reason was her child got bitten and it looked infected this morning. I am still trying to work out how that effects he appointment. It's not the first time she has done this so am going to be taking deposit from her in future.

I have been super busy since the summer season started and don't have time for messers ... A lot of them are new clients so, after 6 years I've had to introduce a deposit system. All new clients now have to pay £10 deposit and so far so good, only 1 person hasn't paid it... They haven't got an appointment and I hopefully won't have any spur of the moment bookings from people thinking this is a hobby!! :D

I'm only just starting out and have not had any cancellations yet. However I know it will happen. I just saw on facebook this morning that a very good and established nail tech has started taking deposits for appts. She wrote on her time line that if you book an appt and don't pay the deposit your appt goes to someone else. Due to loss of earnings and being able to give appts to her faithful clients that always show up. I thought good on her. I worked in the nhs for 13 years and people just don't turn up because they know their aren't consequences. I will defo be putting a deposit system in place as soon as I have my website. People can change and cancel their appt 24 hrs before bur any less will lose their deposit.

My 9.30am yesterday left msg on my answerphone at 8.45 cancelling. She is a regular who always books for next 6 weeks. I was then sat twiddling my thumbs for 2 hours until my next one so not happy. I will be adding a surcharge on her next appt when/if she re-books. I wouldn't have minded if she did it the day before but less than an hour to go when she knows she's my 1st client of the day is not on especially when they get reminder text 24 hours before.

My 9.30am yesterday left msg on my answerphone at 8.45 cancelling. She is a regular who always books for next 6 weeks. I was then sat twiddling my thumbs for 2 hours until my next one so not happy. I will be adding a surcharge on her next appt when/if she re-books. I wouldn't have minded if she did it the day before but less than an hour to go when she knows she's my 1st client of the day is not on especially when they get reminder text 24 hours before.

Effing hate when a client does that first thing:mad:
I'm always in a rush and stressed when I have to be in for 9 or half 9 thanks to an uncooperative almost 3 year old. Nothing worse than pulling into car park and seeing a text or voice mail from your first client of the day saying they can't make it.

Well I'm glad I'm out the only one that gets pissed off about it I was thinking of charging clients that have cancelled more then twice late notice a deposit but then I think do i really want to have a person that inconsiderate as a client!

Well I'm glad I'm out the only one that gets pissed off about it I was thinking of charging clients that have cancelled more then twice late notice a deposit but then I think do i really want to have a person that inconsiderate as a client!

Exactly!

This is why I charge a £15 deposit to secure appointments unless it is one of my loyal regulars. it just makes life so much easier and weeds out the serious clients from the time wasters!

Had a rant myself on here last week about clients cancelling.....
Sometimes I love a cancellation, I get to sit down, but generally it's sooooo annoying!!!!
The most annoying thing is the casual attitude of these clients, like I do my job as a hobby,
no actually you have cost me money, and i could have got someone else in!!!
Will be introducing a deposit system to try and avoid this happening, seems a hassle as most of my clients are genuine.

Latest posts

Back