Clients daughter. Advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sploo

Reaction score
Hey geeks. So.. a long term client of mine has been in touch about doing her daughters hair extensions. It’s her 13th birthday and has promised to help her look after them etc. I suggested we do just half head and the tips. I’ve just been to do the consultation, parent isn’t present and she wants full head waist length! Text the number to ask if she knows about this and she has just asked for the price. Now… this ( still currently 12 year old ) has a full face of make up, crazy thick false eyelashes and now wants a full head of waist length extensions! It all seems .. inappropriate, am I to recommend she has less/shorter even if it’s not what she wants? Am I being a bit of an old fart?!! Thoughts please!

Old Polish proverb - not my monkeys, not my circus. If your long term client, who I assume is paying, is happy with the cost quoted and the responsibility of caring for the products then go ahead. Obviously I'm assuming there are not contraindications due to age, etc. You may not agree with her fashion/beauty/choices but your are not her parent you are a service provider.

Be very clear during consultation, I'd be getting a copy of your recommendations signed by parent and client before going ahead to ensure everyone knows what they are responsible for and you manage their expectations.

You never know, she might actually be the perfect client

Let us know how it goes

Hey geeks. So.. a long term client of mine has been in touch about doing her daughters hair extensions. It’s her 13th birthday and has promised to help her look after them etc. I suggested we do just half head and the tips. I’ve just been to do the consultation, parent isn’t present and she wants full head waist length! Text the number to ask if she knows about this and she has just asked for the price. Now… this ( still currently 12 year old ) has a full face of make up, crazy thick false eyelashes and now wants a full head of waist length extensions! It all seems .. inappropriate, am I to recommend she has less/shorter even if it’s not what she wants? Am I being a bit of an old fart?!! Thoughts please!
Industry wise I don't think there's anything to stop you from doing what she's asking for. But as human beings we naturally respect our morals and values. If something about the situation doesn't sit right with you morally then you're not compelled to carry out the service. Ultimately it's your choice, but if carrying out the service will create more of a problem for you mentally/ morally then personally I wouldn't do it.
Either way I'm sure you'll handle it well and in a professional manor.

Latest posts

Back