Client's daughter sent me a message

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
I do ibd just gel on this client and enhancements on her daughter. The clients are always happy with my service and they book every 2 weeks for infils and ibd gel polish. Just had a text off her daughter who is 14 years okd saying her moms not happy because 2 have chipped so her mom has took the ibd off. The mother had her nails done 9 days ago and has just texted me canceling all her appointments but keep her daughters. I contacted the mother saying I could of redone the 2 chipped ones but she said it doesn't matter shes took them off. I do tell my clients that gel polish only lasts upto 2 weeks and because shes never had a problem before with chipping she said she hasn't done anything different so it must be my products. I have left it at that because I dont want an awkward situation when she brings her daughter next week. Any advice when they come because both can be quite a brut.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would just do the daughters nails as normal.

If the mum brings up her nails, discuss it with her. If she doesn't say anything, leave it.

I would just do the daughters nails as normal.

If the mum brings up her nails, discuss it with her. If she doesn't say anything, leave it.

I second that. I would be EXACTLY the same as I normally am, even if it does feel a little bit odd at first. Who knows what the real reason is? She might be bored of having her nails done or that she can't afford to pay for both sets of nails each time x

The client has just texted me again saying shes not coming back to me but her daughter is still coming. Tbh I feel she wants an argument with me but im not reacting to it and I cant understand why shes texting me this.

If that's what she wants to do then I say leave her to it. I know it's irritating losing a regular client... But if you just stay civil and do her daughters nails exactly as you normally would then she has nothing to complain about! If she wants an adult conversation with you about her nails then let her bring it up, but otherwise I wouldn't worry too much

The client has just texted me again saying shes not coming back to me but her daughter is still coming. Tbh I feel she wants an argument with me but im not reacting to it and I cant understand why shes texting me this.

Bloody mobiles have got a lot to answer for! Bet u wouldn't get all these nasty texts I read about on here if clients had to say it to your face!

I wouldn't think about this too much as I doubt she would continue to bring her daughter and pay for nails aren't up to scratch would she?

Aw Hun that sounds like an awkward situation and I don't envy you 😔
I think the other geeks have hit the nail on head though, the main thing for yourself is just stay professional,be civil to her and if she says anything just explain to her in a calm tone that you would've happily repaired them but she chose to remove them. If she doesn't say anything though, I would just leave it and do the daughters nails and politely remind her at the end if there are any issues to come back back and let you fix them.
If she is willing to let her daughters come back maybe she hasn't got a problem and maybe she's embarrassed to look up and say she cant afford it or that maybe she's going somewhere else?
Chin up Hun 😊 xx

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

UPDATE

the clients turned up and nothing was mentioned so it was smooth sailing. I had my operation Wednesday and taking 10 days off work then Saturday night the daughter contacted me saying shes not happy cause one of her nails had chipped, she had her nails done Monday. I did expain to her this could be sun, sun lotion etc and I said sometimes this can happen in a hot country ( never had problems before with her nails). I also explained that ive just had an operation and im not well. Her reply was "I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO JUMP ON A PLANE TO FIX MY NAIL". I politely told her " I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE JUST SAID THAT ME AND THAT IVE NEVER HAD TROUBLE WITH MY GELS BEFORE. I ALSO TOLD HER THAT IT WOULD BE BEST TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR HER NAILS". her reply was "Im supraised you have any clients" I left it at that and never replied.
This girl is 14 years old and I know its unprofessional to reply but I dont need clients like that.

Good riddance! Brat!

UPDATE

the clients turned up and nothing was mentioned so it was smooth sailing. I had my operation Wednesday and taking 10 days off work then Saturday night the daughter contacted me saying shes not happy cause one of her nails had chipped, she had her nails done Monday. I did expain to her this could be sun, sun lotion etc and I said sometimes this can happen in a hot country ( never had problems before with her nails). I also explained that ive just had an operation and im not well. Her reply was "I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO JUMP ON A PLANE TO FIX MY NAIL". I politely told her " I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE JUST SAID THAT ME AND THAT IVE NEVER HAD TROUBLE WITH MY GELS BEFORE. I ALSO TOLD HER THAT IT WOULD BE BEST TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR HER NAILS". her reply was "Im supraised you have any clients" I left it at that and never replied.
This girl is 14 years old and I know its unprofessional to reply but I dont need clients like that.

This is the beauty for working for yourself! You don't need to put up with rubbish like that!
Good for you xxx

Like mother like daughter eh? What cowbags!

Latest posts

Back