Clients eating, drinking and smoking while having treatments!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautytherapist

Reaction score
Why do clients insist on smoking, drinking and eating while i am doing a treatment on them. When mobile its hard to ask them not to i was going to write something on my pricelist about it so that my clients know that i dont like smoking eating and drinking around me and my products while doing treatments but i thought it sounded a bit harsh!
How can i be more polite about it without losing clients or making myself feel uncomfortable?

beautytherapist said:
Why do clients insist on smoking, drinking and eating while i am doing a treatment on them. When mobile its hard to ask them not to i was going to write something on my pricelist about it so that my clients know that i dont like smoking eating and drinking around me and my products while doing treatments but i thought it sounded a bit harsh!
How can i be more polite about it without losing clients or making myself feel uncomfortable?

Firstly tell them that it is dangerous for them to smoke around the products you are using so No smoking
Secondly tell them that it is a not a good idea for them to be eating and drinking while your working as you need to regularly get to both their hands and this slows you down if you cant.
Hths

Plus they could be ingesting your products (which is a bit greedy of them as they only paid for the nails):)

I've never had that, but a tech I went to to have some bio nno soaked off was eating popcorn chicken in between the treatment.

That had to be the most unprofessional service I have ever received in my life.

Should i write something on my pricelist about it then or just say something when it happens?

beautytherapist said:
Should i write something on my pricelist about it then or just say something when it happens?

i would - if you are finding it hard to ask them, i just tell my clients when they ask if they can smoke

"NO, but then explain to them WHY" ie, they could set the room on fire, (this is a good one and always works - they are usually very good, and comply with MY rules

I've never had that, but a tech I went to to have some bio nno soaked off was eating popcorn chicken in between the treatment.

That had to be the most unprofessional service I have ever received in my life.
^
/
Thats disgusting!

Just tell them they cant! The treatment is for them to enjoy and not to be doing other things, such as SMOKING! Let them know their nails would be contaminated and you wont be responsible if the enhanements lift or fall off! People can be so inconsiderate!

i thank God that smoking in a salon is against the law here!
i just tell clients that drinking is ok, but eating, no.
i tell them that they may contaminate the nail plate i have already cleaned and if it comes off, they're responsible for the replacement. they don't like that. TUFF! they were worned and they listen.

kathleen
www.mynailsrock.com

lol some clients i have insist they drink tea while they have treatments!!! REALLY ANNOYS ME!

beautytherapist said:
lol some clients i have insist they drink tea while they have treatments!!! REALLY ANNOYS ME!

I suppose it depends what treatment your doing.

I would never tell a client that they couldn't have a drink whilst having any treatment but if they wanted to eat there dinner at the same time then thats a bit much :)

For clients that smoke if having more than one treatment i offer to let them have one inbetween.

Put a note in the reception area stating that while we want you to enjoy your treatment's smoking and the eating of food is strictly prohibited under the health and safety laws.

Smoking is down right rude when having your nails done.I would stop what I was doing and explain the dangers,i.e highly inflammable.Eating is another no,no and drinks,well...I work in a salon and dont offer them a drink until I have done any filing.I always explain about the dust element.For the clients I visit at home,I again ask them to refrain from drinking until I have finished blending because of the dust,If I had a client that insisted on smoking I would tell them I didn't have time for them to stop for a 'fag break' as I had another client straight after them,I certainly wouldn't be prepared for them to sit there and smoke whilst I was carrying out the treatment as I dont smoke and couldn't stand sitting so close to someone who was smoking.Thankfully it hasn't happened but this would be my get out clause.HTH

I have a no smoking sign up in my home salon.....I thought that it had been made illegal through HSE to smoke in places of business now in UK....Salons come under that and the highly flammable section too.

Yes its because i work at home and do a small amount mobile it annoys me the most because they waste half my time making a cup of tea! and once i opened a pot of buffing cream to take some out and tea went flying everywhere my client knocked it over while puttin it on my manicure table it was in my buffing cream pot and all over my table and towel!

jac extreme said:
Plus they could be ingesting your products (which is a bit greedy of them as they only paid for the nails):)
PMSL!!:green:

It seems to me your clients are taking advantage because you are " only " a mobile tech (me too ! ).

If i were you i would be firm and explain that this is not allowed in a salon for a reason,i eventually resorted to saying that this type of thing invalidated my insurance as i was not complying with health and safety legislation to get one of my clients to stop doing it,touch wood,it worked for me.Hth

there is a large salon in northampton that actualy allows clients to smoke whilst having treatments and in the waiting area.:eek:

angel fingers said:
there is a large salon in northampton that actualy allows clients to smoke whilst having treatments and in the waiting area.:eek:
...ewww thats just nasty!.....mmmm come in to our ....(smells like its a manky old pub)..... salon!!!..........lol:eek: :eek:
nice and welcoming!.......lol

Latest posts

Back