Clients Filing Their Own Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshpinks

Reaction score
Ello

Can anyone tell me what I should do I have a regualr client and she has all of a sudden started to file her nails. It has compleatly thrown me of what I have been doing one min she has quite a bit of lenght so re-doing the white easy now its like I am doing a natrual overlay and I am never quite sure how much white to put on and she has now decide to go 4 weeks for her rebalence, which I dont think what I have done tonight will last 4 weeks. Do I mension to her that she is filing them quite short and that if she wants them that short she will have to have them rebalence before 4 weeks, or should I just continue as I am ?

Ello

Can anyone tell me what I should do I have a regualr client and she has all of a sudden started to file her nails. It has compleatly thrown me of what I have been doing one min she has quite a bit of lenght so re-doing the white easy now its like I am doing a natrual overlay and I am never quite sure how much white to put on and she has now decide to go 4 weeks for her rebalence, which I dont think what I have done tonight will last 4 weeks. Do I mension to her that she is filing them quite short and that if she wants them that short she will have to have them rebalence before 4 weeks, or should I just continue as I am ?

The length of the nail shouldn't effect the time she has her rebalance.

Do you mean the nails looks unbalanced (more white than pink)??

I have a few clients that have their nails short, but i still place the white in the same place on the nail as i do if its some one that has long nails (as near as the natural smile line as possible) if that means they dont have much white, thats fine. As long as they look natural.

There is nothing worse than a white smile, half way down the nail bed.

I wouldn't place the white further up the nail just so it lasts her 4 weeks. If she complains that you can see her natural smile line before her 4week appointment, mention that she should change it to 3weeks.

If she still wants them done 4weeks, but doest want her smile line showing before her rebalance tell her you can but it will make them look unnatural and bulky.

God... hope that makes sense! he he..

xxx

I only ever had 1 client who filed her own nails in between rebalances and she made a mess so unfortunately I was booked up every time she wanted me.

There is nothing worse than a white smile, half way down the nail bed.

I wouldn't place the white further up the nail just so it lasts her 4 weeks.

xxx

i agree to a certain extent, but i have placed a smile line beyond the natural smileline - but this is only if the natural nailplate LENGTH allows it. if the nat nail plate is too short to allow this then - i agree with you flower

Last edited:
Oh.. forgot to add!

Try custom blend! It will solve all probs! xx

One of my clients files the pinks down on her nails, she comes to me fortnightly but her lifestyle causes them to lift after approx 10 days, so she files the area in where its lifted.

I have told her many times to leave it as its easier for me to file away the lifted area, but she never listens.

The friction burns on her nail plates is horrendous and I've told her its because of her overfiling them, but i :grr: all the time.

I also take the white down on 4 of my clients who have long nail plates just below the natural smile line, only because they don't like the natural nail showing through at 3 weeks.

The client gets what she pays for and am happy to oblige - to a certain degree.

Ju x

Thanks all thats helpful to know.

Definitely consider a custom blend. Use an opaque mix in zone 2 and VOILA! no more smile line peeking out as the nail grows.

S

I have a couple of clients that take their own length down between rebalances and tbh I have no problem with it. It means that they can go longer between appointments as the length doesn't cause them a problem.......

hth's

Latest posts

Back