Clients & funny turns

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffydreams

Reaction score
As the title says :)
Have you ever had a client have a funny turn with you?
If so, what happened?

When I first set up, i was mobile and was just starting a ladys pedi, clipping toe nails and she passed out! I ran upstairs to get her husband who ran down in his underwear whilst i phoned 999.
That was stressful! Luckily it was just an ear infection :)

And recently, i had a lady in for EE, i could see 10 minutes in that she was stressed. Hand on her chest, breathing quickly, fidgeting. I asked her if she was ok, she said she was dizzy. I said ok, we are going to stop and open your eyes. She was fine once she opened her eyes,panic attack.
She was a very nervous lady, bless her. She shook from meeting me right the way through to when she left even though she thanked me for making her feel comfortable.

What are your stories? Xxx

Once did a pamper party for some girls on a hen weekend, it was about 11am on a Sat morning and one of them wanted an indian head massage, I asked her about alcohol the day/night before and she said she'd had 2 glasses of wine with their meal so ok, on we go.

After just 2 or 3 minutes I could feel her skin getting quite clammy so I asked her if she was ok, she said fine but something def wasn't right so I just stopped for a moment and kept my hand on her, after about 30secs she litterally turned white in front of me and promptly threw up!

Got her off the chair and onto a bed in the hotel room where she began to detox! Turns out she meant 2 bottles.... silly mare!!!

Bet she doesn't tell fibs to a therapist again though!

we had a client in the salon who took a very funny turn, eyes rolling to the back of her head and just right out of it. The stylist doing her hair just froze and called me over. We had to call an ambulance. Turns out she had a water infection. Another one we actually thought was dead under the dryer but she was just sleeping. And one passed out in the toilette and was jambed against the door and we couldn't get to her. Oh the joys.

I've had a couple.

Another therapist and I were hired to do a few days in an office carrying out indian head massages for all the staff (paid by the boss). On the last day a twenty-something guy was having his massage, which he'd had before, and all of a sudden went completely stiff and a few seconds later toppled over. We and one of his colleagues managed to get him safely on the floor and called an ambulance. He came to in about 5 minutes. I never found out the cause, i would have guessed something along the lines of epilepsy, but he'd never had it before. Quite scary.

When i started up i was tanning a bride, we finished the tan and she just tumbled over. Luckily i caught her, as she'd passed out. Managed to break her fall and lay her down and was just about to phone an ambulance when she came to. She was horrified at the thought of me calling someone and insisted that the problem was that she hadn't eaten anything all day, had been stressed with wedding plans and busy at work. Also luckily, her tan came out just fine.

When i started up i was tanning a bride, we finished the tan and she just tumbled over. Luckily i caught her, as she'd passed out. Managed to break her fall and lay her down and was just about to phone an ambulance when she came to. She was horrified at the thought of me calling someone and insisted that the problem was that she hadn't eaten anything all day, had been stressed with wedding plans and busy at work. Also luckily, her tan came out just fine

I had the same thing tanning a client and she just fainted on me managed to catch her resulting in a huge hand print on her back... She came round had a biscuit and water then she insisted we carried on so popped the tent up outside so she had fresh air and finished the tan... I have no idea how but the tan came out Perfect :)

It must be a thing with brides, lol.

Luckily her tan was perfect..though i had a lovely brown patch on my arm xx

I've had a couple.

Another therapist and I were hired to do a few days in an office carrying out indian head massages for all the staff (paid by the boss). On the last day a twenty-something guy was having his massage, which he'd had before, and all of a sudden went completely stiff and a few seconds later toppled over. We and one of his colleagues managed to get him safely on the floor and called an ambulance. He came to in about 5 minutes. I never found out the cause, i would have guessed something along the lines of epilepsy, but he'd never had it before. Quite scary.

When i started up i was tanning a bride, we finished the tan and she just tumbled over. Luckily i caught her, as she'd passed out. Managed to break her fall and lay her down and was just about to phone an ambulance when she came to. She was horrified at the thought of me calling someone and insisted that the problem was that she hadn't eaten anything all day, had been stressed with wedding plans and busy at work. Also luckily, her tan came out just fine.

OMG I think I would have toppled over too lol. It's scary isn't it?
It's quite common too. Pleased the brides tan was fine too :) x

I've actually been that client.

Last christmas before I got into beauty, I went to a nail Salon to get my nails done, it was what you call a mma 'nail salon'

I wasn't feeling very well at all, I was sitter there getting my nails done and they had put a heater next to me as it was cold, I started getting so hot and took my coat off and asked for them to turn it off, they told me I didn't look so great, and got me water ... We carried on but next thing I was passed out,

I had a panic when I woke up, like you would and cryed abit. But I was so embarrassed, I payed and left, I don't think it helped that it smelt so strong in there.

One client at my college lied about having epilepsy so they could have an electrical treatment. Half way through the treatment they had a fit. They were fine and hopefully learned their lesson about being honest during consultations.

I once had a nail client who started swaying about and saying "ooh dear, ooh dear" , she looked about to pass out. She said she needed some air so I helped her to my back door where she lurched outside and flopped down onto my step.

I yelled to my husband to help (useless, in the bath) but she made it back in after a minute and we continued but it made me really nervous. I was glad someone was coming to collect her. (From our conversations and just knowing her, I don't think she was eating properly but whatever)

Actually there was another time where I nearly did the passing out, felt sick and had to go and sit by the open window for a time. It was when I was newly mobile and I got put in a low chair at a high table to do extensions which, being fairly new to it, took me about 2 hours and having my arms up for that length of time was, I think, the cause of it, as I was fine afterwards lol . . . . enter my mobile table and gas lift stool:green:

Once had a little old lady have a heart attack after being on the back.wash, that was scary , but luckily had just done a refresher first aid course !

Once had a little old lady have a heart attack after being on the back.wash, that was scary , but luckily had just done a refresher first aid course !

OMG was she ok?

OMG was she ok?

Thankfully yes! The ambulance service was fantastic and was there in seconds..... Strange thing is I've had 4 huge emergancy things like that happen to me, (not in salon) and every time been really calm and been able to get on with what needs to be done..... However if I give my self a paper cut I freak out and feel faint! It's amazing how your brain kicks in! Lol x

I've had a client faint on me during a tan too, I was terrified as I could see the remainders of lines of white powder an the smell of cannabis was unbearable, I asked her if she had taken anything before the tan an she said no it was her other halfs an she doesn't do stuff like that (I'd had to ask her OH to refrain from smoking it in the room whilst I was setting up/there :0!) an she didn't look like she had taken anything so took her word for it.
Anyway turns out it was a drug overdose! Safely say I've never been back there! Silly girl!

I've also fainted on a client whilst preforming an Indian head massage! I scared her half to death, not sure what caused it but it hasn't happened since an we have a good laugh about it now.

Xxx

I've never had a client do it to me... But I've done it 2 clients!

On my first night in my current job about 4 years ago, I was 5 minutes from the end of an Indian Head Massage working on the face. I was sat down - thats how we're told to do it and felt a bit odd. Within 20 seconds of that feeling I fainted! I opened my eyes and my clients feet were in front of me and she was wrapped in a towel. This then happened 10 months later during facial massage. Poor clients! I had all the tests and the doctors were stumped.

Now I haven't fainted for almost 2 years thank god! I'm about to turn 25 and put it down to age. I felt sorry for my boss, she must have thought "what have i taken on?!" We laugh about it now and one of the clients still comes to see me.

I've never had a client do it to me... But I've done it 2 clients!

On my first night in my current job about 4 years ago, I was 5 minutes from the end of an Indian Head Massage working on the face. I was sat down - thats how we're told to do it and felt a bit odd. Within 20 seconds of that feeling I fainted! I opened my eyes and my clients feet were in front of me and she was wrapped in a towel. This then happened 10 months later during facial massage. Poor clients! I had all the tests and the doctors were stumped.

Now I haven't fainted for almost 2 years thank god! I'm about to turn 25 and put it down to age. I felt sorry for my boss, she must have thought "what have i taken on?!" We laugh about it now and one of the clients still comes to see me.

What do you mean you put it down to age?! What has being 25 got to do with fainting?

What do you mean you put it down to age?! What has being 25 got to do with fainting?

I have been told by many people that when they were in their teens and early twenties they used to faint fairly frequently and then they grew out of it. My consultant also said it's to do with hormones, particularly being female. So that's what age has to do with fainting.

Often there is an underlying cause but I had all the relevant (and some irrelevant tests!) and nothing showed up on them. You would diagnose me differently then?

Mines not as bad as the ones on here, but while I was training we had a client come in who was scared of mirrors, we had to cover her mirror with a gown and 4 of us walk her out holding gowns around her so she couldn't see the mirrors.

If I'm having blood taken or an injection my veins collapse so they have a job to get to one and I often faint when they are doing it, I also used to get very bad dizzy spells where I thought I would faint but turned out I had dangerously low iron, only reason I can come up with is I don't eat meat, but since being on the tablets I'm fine. (am 22, so can understand nikki, just hope I grow out of it too) xoxo

I was once doing a facial and back massage on a client and through the facial I was completely fine got to the back massage, I had been doing it bout 10mins next thing I was laid on the floor I had passed out but I had hit my head on the dermalogica trolley on my way down! My client went running into the other room with a towel round her to get my manager!
She didn't come back and I had to go to A&E :(
X

If I'm having blood taken or an injection my veins collapse so they have a job to get to one and I often faint when they are doing it

This made me smile - not at you, Tomme - but because of what happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

I have to have blood tests every couple of weeks, and usually go to my local hospital. The last time I was due I asked my GP if I could have it done at the surgery (the reason being that I was going on afterwards to have my hair done, and the hospital is in the other direction - and as you know hair comes first!)

Anyway, I'm hopeless to get blood from, and after a couple of attempts in each arm the nurse was getting slightly flustered. I've got a high pain threshold, and am not squeamish so I begged her to take it from the back of my hand, as has happened before. I was worried about being late for my hair! She was very reluctant but eventually agreed.

All seemed fine, the blood was taken, and then I looked at her and she looked awful. She said she felt hot and sweaty. I had to basically talk her out of fainting! I paused long enough to make sure she wasn't going to hit the deck and then shot off.....

I have now been told by my GP I must go to the hospital in future. I wonder why?
PS My hair was fine! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back