Clients & funny turns

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During a disastrous groupon promotion at my last salon I had been doing full body hot stone massage from 9.30 till 3pm with out a break and very little to drink (very foolish, but what do you do) I passed out during a treatment with still three to go, luckily they could see how I was and went without. Another time some years ago I was the staff hairdresser for Marks and Spencer (loved that job) my little salon was next door to the Doctors and when it was my turn for my medical I popped in answered all her questions including the one have you ever fainted, which at that age 26 was a party trick of mine. I answered no as I didn't want any problems, went back into my salon to finish a client and promptly fainted. The Doctor was called in.:o

Anyway, I'm hopeless to get blood from, and after a couple of attempts in each arm the nurse was getting slightly flustered.

I'm like you ladies too, like getting blood from a stone! This reminded me of a horrible experience with the new nurse in my surgery. Although I explained its difficult to get a vein she just went about as normal, one arm then the other. Then one hand then the other. Just as well my mum was with me that day as I wasn't composmentis (sp?) by this time. The nurse turned to her and said 'shall I try and take the blood from her neck?' LOL my mum promptly got my doctor who got the sample easily from my hand (he always used the tiny baby needles though I think that helped)

A few years ago at work I had a funny turn, was doing a massage and suddenly became terribly nauseous! Luckily managed to get to the toilets before being sick. I felt awful for the client went back in and started back on the massage, I though I must have eaten something bad. As soon as I smelt the oils that sent me off again! Luckily the lady was lovely a collegue took over for me. Strange thing is I was fine afterwards. Odd!

I had a male client who felt faint whilst I was cutting his hair. I directed him towards the back exit to get some air, which meant walking up a few steps, but it was nearer. I was walking behind him when - as he got to the top of the steps - he sort of did an about turn to face me and his eyes rolled back in his head. He grabbed on to my Massive 5 foot Cretian Oil Jar and promplty passed out, with the Oil Jar crashing down next to him. The scariest thing was, he was laying half down the stairs with his eyes wide open and bits of Terracotta everywhere!nHe looked dead! I calmly called an ambulance and it turned out he was fine - just pre wedding jitters!! He offered to pay for the Oil Jar - but I didnt know how to tell him it was £800 as he was getting married the next day and had a baby on the way!!! Kicking myself now though......

Funny thing tho, as this all happened, my girls who were working on clients looked up and then carried on with their clients! consumate proffessionals they are :biggrin:

I took a funny turn in a shop once. I was waiting ages to pay for my drink, I felt funny kept moving and when I went to pay, I handed the money and passed out, I hit my head and was cold out for ages, some silly man kept slapping my face saying "wake up" I could hear him but couldn't do anything, when I came round they told me they called an ambulance i ran out the shop. Nthere since!

I fainted in newlook once. It was xmas time and i was soooo hot. As I fainted I knocked a clothes rack that had an ornamental xmas tree on. The tree smashed to the ground covering everything in ornamental gravel. Luckily my friend stopped the rack!

I've also fainted in a tatoo shop, again I over heated. When I came round the huge burly tatoo man had picked me up and put me on the couch! The shop was really busy and everybody was staring and laughing!

The last public faint I was having blood taken at hospital whilst pregnant. Really embarrasing as they panicked and called doctors. I kept trying to sit up and they wouldn't let me! Again everybody was craning their necks to get a look!

Oh the shame! Haha :eek:

Latest posts

Back