Client's gel enhancements keep coming away on her thumbs, index & middle fingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there

I had a new client who requested French Tipped Gel Enhancements with Rockstar tipped in silver glitter on her ring fingers.

She text me the day after (which was the day she want to the Races) to say she accidently caught her nail in her shoe and it pulled the enhancement off completely (yes she admitted to giving it some welly using it as a shoe horn!) So she asked if I could repair it. I couldn't get to her (booked up) till 3 days after this had happened and buy this point she had lost 5 in total (1 accident and the other 4 she said just came away doing various jobs). The ones that came away were 3 on her right hand (Thumb, Index and Middle) and 2 on her left hand (Index and Middle).

I repaired all nails and also went over all the others to make sure everything was sound (which they were, so signs of lifting etc).

Nearly a week on and I had text her to see how she was getting on and she said she has lost 3, same type of fingers again.

From my point of view, does this mean that on her 'active' fingers the product wasn't applied thick enough to provide enough strength? Im thinking if it was anything else surely everything would be coming away? Or is it partly the client being a little heavy handed on her active fingers? She also doesn't apply oil or cream, or wear gloves to protect her hands. I did ask her is she is going to use bleach etc to please wear gloves (The gel im using is soakable).

Any ideas?

Thanks you x

NB My steps are:

Sanatize, Prep Nails (includes Cuticle remover - curette, water/soap rinse to remove cuticle remover (dry), Scrubfresh, Nail Fresh, Scrubfresh. Apply tips, prime (only the nail plate not the tip), buff shine from tip, remove dust, apply base coat, cure, apply gel (x3 cureing each layer), buff any inperfections and file free edge, remove dust, final gel top coat, remove stickey layer with IA, SolarOil. Taaa daaa :)

Hi there

I had a new client who requested French Tipped Gel Enhancements with Rockstar tipped in silver glitter on her ring fingers.

She text me the day after (which was the day she want to the Races) to say she accidently caught her nail in her shoe and it pulled the enhancement off completely (yes she admitted to giving it some welly using it as a shoe horn!) So she asked if I could repair it. I couldn't get to her (booked up) till 3 days after this had happened and buy this point she had lost 5 in total (1 accident and the other 4 she said just came away doing various jobs). The ones that came away were 3 on her right hand (Thumb, Index and Middle) and 2 on her left hand (Index and Middle).

I repaired all nails and also went over all the others to make sure everything was sound (which they were, so signs of lifting etc).

Nearly a week on and I had text her to see how she was getting on and she said she has lost 3, same type of fingers again.

From my point of view, does this mean that on her 'active' fingers the product wasn't applied thick enough to provide enough strength? Im thinking if it was anything else surely everything would be coming away? Or is it partly the client being a little heavy handed on her active fingers? She also doesn't apply oil or cream, or wear gloves to protect her hands. I did ask her is she is going to use bleach etc to please wear gloves (The gel im using is soakable).

Any ideas?

Thanks you x

NB My steps are:

Sanatize, Prep Nails (includes Cuticle remover - curette, water/soap rinse to remove cuticle remover (dry), Scrubfresh, Nail Fresh, Scrubfresh. Apply tips, prime (only the nail plate not the tip), buff shine from tip, remove dust, apply base coat, cure, apply gel (x3 cureing each layer), buff any inperfections and file free edge, remove dust, final gel top coat, remove stickey layer with IA, SolarOil. Taaa daaa :)

I think she uses them, abuses them and they are perhaps too long for her life style.

I think you have answered your own question. She needs a hard gel. SOG's
Are quite simply not strong enough for the abuse and lack of care she is subjecting them too.

I think she uses them, abuses them and they are perhaps too long for her life style.

I think you have answered your own question. She needs a hard gel. SOG's
Are quite simply not strong enough for the abuse and lack of care she is subjecting them too.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Geeg. You are probably right regarding the length of them, but because she wanted them for a special occasion she wanted them to look long. They are not major long, but obviously a lot longer then her natural nails.

I will definately suggest a hard gel for next time as she has said next time she has someone nice to go she will use me again.x

Latest posts

Back