Clients going mad over appointments!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francesXXX

Reaction score
I’m finding booking in my clients for their post-lockdown hair extremely stressful to the point I’m dreading having to book more in tomorrow (and tell them they can’t have it done til end of August), I just have a lot of clients and I’m only one person, some of them just don’t seem very understanding of that (or they just don’t care and want their hair done immediately). I know there isn’t really a solution to this and hopefully it’s just temporary and they won’t still be mad at me when they come in the salon, but it’s really affecting my mental health at the moment and it would be nice to find some support from people who understand what it’s like!

The waiting list has been more stressful than the shutdown.
So far ours have been very patient and understanding but there’s still those few that want the first appointments and start looking elsewhere if they have to wait.
There’s only so much you can do.

I wouldn’t even mind if some of mine started looking elsewhere if they didn’t want to wait, rather than give me what can only be described as abuse!

Set a voicemail message saying you have no availability until xx and to leave a message to be added to the waiting list. I'm assuming you have booked in your loyal and faithful clients, hence fully booked for 6/8 weeks.

Give yourself some space and permission to protect your health

I’m finding booking in my clients for their post-lockdown hair extremely stressful to the point I’m dreading having to book more in tomorrow (and tell them they can’t have it done til end of August), I just have a lot of clients and I’m only one person, some of them just don’t seem very understanding of that (or they just don’t care and want their hair done immediately). I know there isn’t really a solution to this and hopefully it’s just temporary and they won’t still be mad at me when they come in the salon, but it’s really affecting my mental health at the moment and it would be nice to find some support from people who understand what it’s like!
Sorry to hear some of your clients don't have the ability to understand you're only human and cannot work 24 hours a day. It's testing times like these that we truly learn who our loyal genuine clients are. If they really are that horrible to you, I wouldn't want them as clients anyway... It says more about their scruples than yours!
Focus on the clients that do you good, not the ones who do you wrong. We've got enemies for those reasons, we don't need clients like that too.
I'm sure you're doing everything you can, don't beat yourself up. If the client threatens to go elsewhere good luck to them getting an appointment within the next few months.... If they can get an appointment within the first month of us returning to work, it's probably fair to say, it says a lot about the hairdresser they've gone to...

Know
I wouldn’t even mind if some of mine started looking elsewhere if they didn’t want to wait, rather than give me what can only be described as abuse!
know your worth... tell them maybe the time has come for them to move on, you are no longer compatible.. don’t let people speak to you like that. Clients can be so bloody rude! Yes we need them but let the rude ones go and make way for clients who are willing to pay more and have some respect

Latest posts

Back