Clients in wheelchair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoticeableNails

Glitter Geek!
Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if you guys can offer me some quick help?
I am a mobile tech and I usually use the clients ironing board as a table! all fine and dandy so far!
But.....and this is where I may need your help......I have a new client booked in today that was refered to me via a fellow geek (thanks) and was advised this client has a disability, I however failed to ask this client what her disablilty was!! So I dont know if she is in a wheelchair or not! If she is I willl not be able to use an ironing board as her chair will not be able to fit under.
Can anyone advise me as to a solution to this just in case I need it?
I would like to be prepaired
thanks guys!

why don't you ring your new client and ask her, explain that you are concerned about the position she will have to sit in etc, I'm sure she will appreciate it.

well I would but when I was speaking to my client when she booked the appt, she said that she is pretty out of it in the morning as she has to take alot of meds.
I suppose I could call at 12, her appointment is at 1pm. ( It will take about 30 mins to get to her)

Hi Jo,

Most wheelchairs have a small slide tray, that is attached to the chair, it slides out a good bit from the person, before it becomes unstable. You should be able to use this.

Well I had a fab time with my client!
We really hit it off and time just flew. She was in a wheelchair but we tried her ironing board to see if we could both get in a good position, and hey presto! I used the board slightly higher than I would normally but we had no problem.
She was so made up as she was having difficulties finding a tech that sculpted!
I just hope she manages to keep these on as she admits to being heavy handed and she is also on a lot of meds for her disability! we can only see!
Oh and on the plus side; her sis turned up during the treatment and has booked in for a mani when I go back to do a re-balance!
All in all a good day!
:D

:D im realy pleased it went well for you and your client, looks like you have 2 new clients, well done

great news Jo :hug: xxx

Latest posts

Back