Clients losing extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
How many do you guys say are normal to loose?
I do nano rings and micro rings. Most of my clients don’t loose any (or if they do just 1 or 2) but then if they loose a few more the next time (up to 10) they start complaining

Depends how many they have in to start with. Even 10 isn’t the end of the world as some people’s hair is more oily, sheds more, they may style it more often, be less careful when brushing etc. Every one is so different don’t worry about it. [emoji1360]

I double bead all mine and the only loose 1 at the most!

I lose about 5-6 usually but even if it was 10 I wouldn’t take it out on my extensionist, everyone’s hair is different mine is very soft and fine. I’m surprised it even holds nanos with no breakage tbh so I’m grateful for that fact

It also depends how the client manages their hair. Even if you explain how to care for nanos some clients still manage to lose them when brushing their hair.

I trained with Belle Academy and on their aftercare sheet that we give to clients it says for them to lose ‘up to 25’ strands between appointments. This then manages their expectations that its normal to lose some and I just say to keep them in a plastic food bag until they come in for their maintenance appointment. People brush WAY too hard when they’re not used to having them in and so will lose a few whilst they’re adjusting to having them. This gives them a bit of a cushion so they don’t feel bad (as it looks like loads when you first pull one out accidentally as a newbie!) If they are losing a lot more than you’d expect though get them back in and re-tighten them all. I had one client in who lost a lot and I realised that I’d used the wrong pliers for that bead. They were all perfect after I’d tightened them

Depends how many they have in to start with. Even 10 isn’t the end of the world as some people’s hair is more oily, sheds more, they may style it more often, be less careful when brushing etc. Every one is so different don’t worry about it. [emoji1360]
I agree with you, everyone is different, and they have different hair, oil, habit, brushing or shower, so don't worry about it, just explain it to your clients is OK.

My clients can will maximum loose around 2 - 5 depending on the clients.

Most clients don’t even loose any but I find if the client washes their hair a day after fitting they have more risk of some falling out.

Latest posts

Back