Clients nail split in strange place

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailz73

Reaction score
Hi Ladies..

this is going to be hard because i cant seem to upload a pic at the momenty will try again tomorrow..

anyway .. not experienced this before... so here goes.. hope this explanation makes sense.

i have a clietn who has previously been to a local nss bar and previous salon.. it looks to me like some damage has been done to one of her thumbs as was very ridged.. typical example of over zealous nail drilling..

anyway , from me she has had a set of pink and whites, 2 infills, and then gelish.. i only filed down and left a thin layer of gel on nails before gelish..

now am always v careful with my filing and i file by hand switching down grit as i get nearer to nail plate..

she came for a new set tonight (gelish was 2 weeks ago) .. and told me she had started picking off gelish i told her off lol.. she told me her thumb had split.. when i looked... i saw the split was from the eponychium zone of her nail and vertical, almost like when a zip has broken and goes the wrong way..

until i get a pic up thats the best way i can describe.. now its not a massive one but noticable.. she assured me she never picked that one.. lol .. she still has a few left over drill ridges in that nail, which are slowly growing out nicely.. could it be damage from this rough treatment she suffered.. and has anyone else experienced this at all ..

i double checked the area and there is no fungal or bacterial evidence ( not green or fungal).. at all ..

i used the go fast (fibreglass, resin and activator) system on her this time, instead of a hard gel.. and also i santisied and cleansed the area thoroughly before doing so .. advised solar oil twice day and to keep eye on area.. call me if anything changes..

i just have never seen a split from the eponychium down !!

Sarah :|

Hi, I've not come across anything like that before.
Perhaps you could send a pm to Geeg?

Has she caused trauma to the nail at all?

Hi ladies...

Will try and put a pic on, although cant see it very well on camera...

Nothing reported back yet but will email her tomorrow see if any change...

There was past trauma from local chop shop as still had drill ridges in..

Time will tell ..just wondered if anyone had experienced this before...all other nails are fine and best they have ever been she said ...just this one thumb ..xx

she could have damaged it by hitting the weakened nail edge and the split ran up the nail or she picked at the gel and the trauma again caused the nail to split....one way or another a vertical split up the nail like that is permanent ....

Just strange it is from cuticle end down,,, have seen many from free edge up.. Xx

Latest posts

Back