Client's own hair showing at bottom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty_Geek

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I fitted my first set of hot fusion bonds yesterday. The girl was really happy and I was thrilled with the results. However she's contacted me today to say you can see where her hair finishes the back on the bottom.

I don't really know what to do. I can't think how I can easily rectify it. There's no way really I can bond more hair...

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365843448.979411.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365843448.979411.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 293
Hi geeks

I fitted my first set of hot fusion bonds yesterday. The girl was really happy and I was thrilled with the results. However she's contacted me today to say you can see where her hair finishes the back on the bottom.

I don't really know what to do. I can't think how I can easily rectify it. There's no way really I can bond more hair...

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Xxx

Have you blended and styled the hair so the extensions blend into her own?

Also it may sit differently after she's washed and dried them once or twice 😊 xx

was this a full or half head fitting? have you block fitted or staggered your rows? May be able to help you....dont worry...there is always an answer:D

Cant relly see from the picture but did she have a blunt hairstyle prior to having them fitted? If so, did you soften the blunt lines? X

This is before sorry I thought it had uploaded xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365867126.987857.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365867126.987857.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 169
I blended a bit at the front but I decided she didn't need it at the back as I couldn't see anything really. It looked just like she had layers xx

It was a full head but she had a tiny head and very very fine hair. I was worried about putting too much weight on the hair. I did blocks for the first few rows and then skipped a section and then a row and skipped a row etc... Looking back I won't do that again! But it's not even those sections she's got a problem with its the ones where every section had a bond on it. Xx

Without seeing the front and sides its a little hard to say about the entire fitting but as her issue seems to solely related to the back of her natural hair line, i would say she is being a little unrealistic to the results that can be achieved. The only way her own hair line from the pic in my opinion so it looks 'less noticeable' would be to maybe add a few micro bonds (halved bonds as far up to the crown without the risk of seeing them. This way you have more chance of integrating het natural weight through her now natural layer. (she must realise she can never completely take her own hairline away unless she gets a full on wig that is!)lol You could also add some very light layers graduating down towards the new length. This will then make the natural hairline just look part of the layered style. I do think she maybe just one of those 'never gonna be happy' kinda clients though. Your first set and you should be very proud! Believe me, she could have got a lot worse from being a practice model! :)

Hi
Because her own hair was pretty short to start with this is a common thing I see. You need to take the weight line out to blend the back better, the sides will look ok as her hair will be finer there and sit better. I would slice down to create more layers starting where her hair starts and take the points out of her own hair so section the hair as if your layers and hold is out at approx 45 degree angle and slice down, make sure you take off some of her own hair. This will stop any disconnection.

Ah thanks so much :) I did do micro bonds at the front. Further than I wanted to as she said "oh it doesn't matter if you can see them" and I was like erm........... And she wanted me to put a row in the very very very bottom so she could "tie it up without them falling down" I flatly refused and pointed out her natural hair would still fall down anyway as its not attached down the entire length... Still happy with the overall result :) thanks for everyone's help xxx

Always leave enough coverage around the hairline and keep pulling the hair back and up to check, if it shows remove it. I do not care if a client tells me I don't care if an extension shows I care. Always pull the hair down as you near the top to check nothing will show, if you decide to go high then only place where is needed in the last sections and again check nothing shows if the hair parts. If the client tells you she doesn't wear her hair up and wants bonds lower down then I don't see it as a problem to add some lower down (but very rare) most clients will want to put their hair up.

Always leave enough coverage around the hairline and keep pulling the hair back and up to check, if it shows remove it. I do not care if a client tells me I don't care if an extension shows I care. Always pull the hair down as you near the top to check nothing will show, if you decide to go high then only place where is needed in the last sections and again check nothing shows if the hair parts. If the client tells you she doesn't wear her hair up and wants bonds lower down then I don't see it as a problem to add some lower down (but very rare) most clients will want to put their hair up.

Cheers asya. Those tips are really helpful. That's how I felt. But I just wanted her to be happy. She was my first paying client

X

Latest posts

Back