Clients & payments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I just wanted to find out what everyone's policy is on payments in salon.

I'm home based, I work alone.
I do a cash only, only 1-2 of my regulars do a bank transfer.

I had a lady last Friday who was coming from Glasgow, to visit her parents where I live.
She wanted to come on Friday, which I normally avoid booking unless it's one of my regular customers. But thinking that she might be working in Glasgow and living where I do I went out of my way and accommodated her. But found out once she came she does live in Glasgow but found me through a FB friend. She owns quite a few businesses husbands a lawyer and had his owns firms in a few places. She went on to tell me she lives in a huge house in Glasgow, this is what she told me, I didn't ask her.

She first wanted a Shellac pedicure and a full set of acrylics. So I told her I won't be able to go them both on Friday, I'll book her in on sat to do her full set.
Then she text me and said she just wants shellac toes.

She came, I did her toes, and asked why she wanted a full set of acrylics,she said I thought everyone you do them it has to be a fresh set, she said she doesn't get them done that often.
I said no you just need a infill, and I'll be able to do that while she was at the salon, rather than coming back next day.

Finished both treatments, time for payment, and she looks in her bag and says I don't have enough, this is my sister-in laws bag. Which I thought was weird.

Then she said I'll drop the cash off in an envelope tomorrow through the letterbox. I said fine, thinking she doesn't seem like someone who doesn't have money.
Sat no show, I text her on Sunday asking if she can do bank transfer, I sent her my details. She said she forgot and will do it, to send her details again, this was yesterday.

This morning I checked no payment, I text her and asked her could you let me know when you did transfer as I have direct debuts going out and orders I need to place. No reply as yet.

I've tried to very polite, as she has taken business cards to give to her friends & family who live in my area, but I'm getting to a point where it's really annoying me now, and next message will be a harsh one.

I'm putting up signs in salon, that it's cash only, and if you don't have cash then bank transfer while you are in the salon.

How do people just book in for treatments not even thinking before they come whether they have the money or not. Puzzles me, I wouldn't even book anywhere unless I know I have the funds.

Very frustrated. 😡😡😡😡😡

Hi geeks

I just wanted to find out what everyone's policy is on payments in salon.

I'm home based, I work alone.
I do a cash only, only 1-2 of my regulars do a bank transfer.

I had a lady last Friday who was coming from Glasgow, to visit her parents where I live.
She wanted to come on Friday, which I normally avoid booking unless it's one of my regular customers. But thinking that she might be working in Glasgow and living where I do I went out of my way and accommodated her. But found out once she came she does live in Glasgow but found me through a FB friend. She owns quite a few businesses husbands a lawyer and had his owns firms in a few places. She went on to tell me she lives in a huge house in Glasgow, this is what she told me, I didn't ask her.

She first wanted a Shellac pedicure and a full set of acrylics. So I told her I won't be able to go them both on Friday, I'll book her in on sat to do her full set.
Then she text me and said she just wants shellac toes.

She came, I did her toes, and asked why she wanted a full set of acrylics,she said I thought everyone you do them it has to be a fresh set, she said she doesn't get them done that often.
I said no you just need a infill, and I'll be able to do that while she was at the salon, rather than coming back next day.

Finished both treatments, time for payment, and she looks in her bag and says I don't have enough, this is my sister-in laws bag. Which I thought was weird.

Then she said I'll drop the cash off in an envelope tomorrow through the letterbox. I said fine, thinking she doesn't seem like someone who doesn't have money.
Sat no show, I text her on Sunday asking if she can do bank transfer, I sent her my details. She said she forgot and will do it, to send her details again, this was yesterday.

This morning I checked no payment, I text her and asked her could you let me know when you did transfer as I have direct debuts going out and orders I need to place. No reply as yet.

I've tried to very polite, as she has taken business cards to give to her friends & family who live in my area, but I'm getting to a point where it's really annoying me now, and next message will be a harsh one.

I'm putting up signs in salon, that it's cash only, and if you don't have cash then bank transfer while you are in the salon.

How do people just book in for treatments not even thinking before they come whether they have the money or not. Puzzles me, I wouldn't even book anywhere unless I know I have the funds.

Very frustrated. ����������

You have just encountered a con artist. I'm afraid you'll never get your money. I would just forget about it. You can't trace her. It's not worth the stress and sleepless nights worrying about it. Lesson has now been learnt and you'll never fall for it again. Put it behind you.

Thanks for sharing your experience as we can all learn from it. There are just some horrible people in the world but then many more nice ones to make up for it.

I'm mobile so it's easier for me. I know where everyone lives and can bash their doors down if they don't pay me. It has never happened though as they know I know where they live.

If I were you I would stop the bank transfers and stick with cash. This woman now knows your name address and bank details, regardless if she just took you for a ride for a free treatment it's quite dangerous giving all that info out. I don't want to scare you at all, I just think cash is safer x

That's a good point regarding the bank transfer. Could you take payments through paypal if they have an account?

Oh my goodness that is absolutely terrible!!!! I really hope she gets in touch with you!!! That is terrible :((

Nicola! Xxx

That's a good point regarding the bank transfer. Could you take payments through paypal if they have an account?

Not quite sure how PayPal works?
I have a PayPal account.

Think they just need your paypal email to transfer money into your account. Google paypal and it explains it. I did read an interesting article in the Guardian whereby the paypal protection nearly always sides with the 'buyer' in any dispute. However hopefully regular clients would not be fraudulently hacking into someone else's paypal accounts to pay for their nails!!!! If someone was not a regular client and you are mobile or home based then cash is king I think.

Giving out your sort code and an account number doesn't mean you will have your account robbed. It is very common and such an easy means of payment.

Probably safer than having lots of sterling on your premises.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

She can't do anything with your bank details, for her to use them for her gain, you would've had to have given her the long card number, ex date abs the last 3 numbers of that little code on tbe back.

She can't use just tbe ac number and sort code.

What a nasty piece of work she is though, put that one down to experience sweets, don't waste another second of a valuable day on her *hugs

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

She can't do anything with your bank details, for her to use them for her gain, you would've had to have given her the long card number, ex date abs the last 3 numbers of that little code on tbe back.

She can't use just tbe ac number and sort code.

What a nasty piece of work she is though, put that one down to experience sweets, don't waste another second of a valuable day on her *hugs

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's what I was thinking, she doesn't have anything except sort code & account no.

I called her & left voicemail.
Shocked that people can be like this.

Are you guys sure it's not dangerous to give bank details out? I get what you mean with card details as you can then copy cards/spend over the internet. But there are loads of scams where people are contacted with some story about someone or other looking to transfer x amount of money from abroad and they will give you a percentage to use your account. I've received spam emails myself with crap like this. And all they look for are bank account and sort code-and that's without the name and address.

While I'm on here, I've received a text saying she's doing it now??!!

Here's one that was in my junk mail,

Attention: Beneficiary. Sir/Madam,

This is to inform you that after board meeting with IMF Director Ms. Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and FBI including United State Government we have concluding to transfer your US$9.7M to this details listed below.

Your file appears in my desk two days ago Through IMF office that you are among people approved to be paid half of their part payment of Nine million, seven Hundred Dollars ($9.7Million USD. Signed by World Bank Nigeria, On behalf of IMF.

1) Your full name.
2) Contact Address
3) Phone, fax and mobile #.
4) Age.
5) Occupation.
6) Your bank details

In receipt of the above information and your payment will be approved and paid to you by bank to bank wire transfer to your nominated bank account. You are advised to get back to me immediately for more information listed above.

Thanks

YOURS TRULY
MS MARY WILLIAMS/MR EDWARD CLIFF
DIRECTOR OF PAYMENT/ SPECIAL DUTIES
WORLD BANK AUDITORS
Office Hot Line +234-8022983818

411 hopefully she is legit and she's tranfering now for you

This is to inform you that after board meeting with IMF Director Ms. Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and FBI including United State Government we have concluding to transfer your US$9.7M to this details listed below.

Your file appears in my desk two days ago Through IMF office that you are among people approved to be paid half of their part payment of Nine million, seven Hundred Dollars ($9.7Million USD. Signed by World Bank Nigeria, On behalf of IMF.

1) Your full name.
2) Contact Address
4) Age.
5) Occupation.
6) Your bank details

In receipt of the above information and your payment will be approved and paid to you by bank to bank wire transfer to your nominated bank account. You are advised to get back to me immediately for more information listed above.

Thanks

YOURS TRULY
WORLD BANK AUDITORS

I get these in my junk folder all the time, I delete them.

So do I, dunno how I started getting them and there's no link to unsubscribe either-pain in the butt

How long do bank transfers take? 2 hours?

411 this is exactly the same thing that happened to a friend of mine. She had a lady that said she was down to visit her mum, booked a mani/pedi but when time came to pay she said she wanted to pay by card. Most home salon's don't have this facility and I guess they know that so my friend directed her to the cash point at the bottom of her road and never saw her again!

Its made me very wary and if I ever had a client like this (mine are all personal recommendation or known to me) then I'd make sure from the start they knew it was cash only, how much it was and that I'd take payment before the treatment was done.

I'm so sorry to hear your tale and agree that its very unlikely you'll see the money - aren't people the pits!

Karaxxx

Bank transfer on faster payments through internet banking is instant. They say two hours so people don't continually call and ask where the payment is.

No there is absolutely no detriment in giving out bank details. I've worked with bank transfers for 25 years and never once had one issue. .. You won't unless you type in the wrong numbers then someone else may receive the funds... In very extreme circumstances...

1) Your full name.
2) Contact Address
4) Age.
5) Occupation.
6) Your bank details

Thanks

YOURS TRULY
WORLD BANK AUDITORS

There are thousands upon thousands of these scams. .. You have to use common sense to be fair. I don't suppose people bat an eyelid when it comes to a large uncovered collection buckets asking for money for charity donations. . These 80% of the time are scams too. Just random people looking to increase their bank balance. The charity standards insist that collections containers are covered and sealed with the collector having a registered charity badge visible on them at all times. . There is no place for ignorance with these scams and the 'kindness' of others.

Latest posts

Back