Clients & payments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are thousands upon thousands of these scams. .. You have to use common sense to be fair. I don't suppose people bat an eyelid when it comes to a large uncovered collection buckets asking for money for charity donations. . These 80% of the time are scams too. Just random people looking to increase their bank balance. The charity standards insist that collections containers are covered and sealed with the collector having a registered charity badge visible on them at all times. . There is no place for ignorance with these scams and the 'kindness' of people.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

So I don't get it then-the info asked for I this scan is basically what the op gave the client-so if for example someone replied to an email like this with the details asked for, they wouldn't be opening themselves up to theft/identity fraud and god knows what else?

Ps: just to make it clear I know these emails are scans and I in no way would ever consider believing the BS in them. I only ask because everything I have ever heard is basically don't give out your bank details.

So I don't get it then-the info asked for I this scan is basically what the op gave the client-so if for example someone replied to an email like this with the details asked for, they wouldn't be opening themselves up to theft/identity fraud and god knows what else?

Ps: just to make it clear I know these emails are scans and I in no way would ever consider believing the BS in them. I only ask because everything I have ever heard is basically don't give out your bank details.

That is just the start to get the ball rolling. They can't do much with that information. They will insist on your passport and driving license afterwards. All of which can then lead to a profile being made up and the cloning begins.... An account sort code and account number is not detrimental. I have these details listed on invoices as standard.

I had a lovely email from the lottery telling me I had won and could I forward my address and date of birth.

I don't do the lottery.

Like all other limited company owners if you put your full address in Google you can see where you live, your companies, positions you hold and date of birth including contact numbers. It isn't difficult.

That is just the start to get the ball rolling. They can't do much with that information. They will insist on your passport and driving license afterwards. All of which can then lead to a profile being made up and the cloning begins.... An account sort code and account number is not detrimental. I have these details listed on invoices as standard.

I had a lovely email from the lottery telling me I had won and could I forward my address and date of birth.

I don't do the lottery.

Like all other limited company owners if you put your full address in Google you can see where you live, your companies, positions you hold and date of birth including contact numbers. It isn't difficult.

It still freaks me out the way people can try and get all this info and can take you to the cleaners.

It still freaks me out the way people can try and get all this info and can take you to the cleaners.

Ha ha. Yes it does happen. ... it's the cloning of your cards used in the cash machines. I mean, who thinks of this stuff!

Update :
She messaged me at 14.33 to say she's doing it now. Checked account nothings come through yet!
Text her to tell her I haven't received payment yet, she said coz it's a new payee it will be next day?

Update :
She messaged me at 14.33 to say she's doing it now. Checked account nothings come through yet!
Text her to tell her I haven't received payment yet, she said coz it's a new payee it will be next day?

She's having you on like 😬😬😬 she's a proper chancer

Nicola! Xxx

Whether or not it's next day is nothing to do with her being a new payee- as others have said it's usually instant although it says two hours. I've never known it to be anything other than instant.
A con artist.

I wouldn't bother engaging in text conversations listening to excuses! At the worst you can call your bank and see what's pending to come into your account if you want to prove her wrong

I use PayPal and have accepted bank transfer (in front of me) before.

Definitely use PayPal in future or think about getting a world pay zinc machine or something. For faster more secure payments?

Ahhhhh. New recipients, you have to set up the account details on line and wait 60 minutes before being able to pay them. Internet banking will not allow it to be quicker. Wait and see what tomorrow brings. She is contacting you so this in my eyes is a positive move. If I wasn't going to pay I sure wouldn't be contacting you.

I'm sure all you guys read the book on positive thinking. I haven't and I'm the only positive one. Ha ha. :)

Do all banks offer faster payments now? Just wondered incase she happens to bank with one where the transaction will take 24 hours like it used too. X

In a year and half, I've never been burned. I take cheques from regular customers and ladies in care homes who don't get out much. I have accepted email money transfers from customers who bank online and I suggest doing it when I arrive so that by the time I am finished, I will have my email, can accept and give them their receipt if needed... all on my iphone.
I am mobile so I know where they live. That is all the security needed to be sure I get paid. I have not had the opportunity to use PayPal though it is a great idea and only email address is needed.
If I was in a salon or my own home and not taking payment at any time, I would ask for a hand printed promissory note, get their photo ID, drivers license etc so that if I did not get paid, I could threaten to sue them including the cost of small claims court. That might work... If they honestly intended to pay, they would offer it up and gladly sign it. If not, you might as well cut your losses and not even expect to be paid when they walk out that door.

Last edited:
I've never had to wait for finds even if it's a new payee. Hopefully she is telling the truth though as some banks can take their time, I hope you get your money

I've set up two new payees in the last month and I've not had to wait 60 minutes to do the transfer. It's instantaneous with Natwest.

This woman is probably laughing her head off every time you text her. She's getting her entertainment at your expense. I'd stop conversing with her.

Ahhhhh. New recipients, you have to set up the account details on line and wait 60 minutes before being able to pay them. Internet banking will not allow it to be quicker. Wait and see what tomorrow brings. She is contacting you so this in my eyes is a positive move. If I wasn't going to pay I sure wouldn't be contacting you.

I'm sure all you guys read the book on positive thinking. I haven't and I'm the only positive one. Ha ha. :)

Oh no virtues I've never heard of this with either of my banks? I just wack the new recipient details in on my online thingy and bobs your uncle! No mention of having to wait?

Who on earth does she bank with? Coutts???

Did you fill out a consultation card with her? It will have her address on.

If she doesn't pay I would make a little trip to her house, evening time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Did you fill out a consultation card with her? It will have her address on.

If she doesn't pay I would make a little trip to her house, evening time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you read the original post you will see she said she lives in Glasgow. The OP is in Berkshire. A scam artist would leave a false address anyway, obviously.

Update :

If she'd of sent it you would of had it by now hun, I've had friends pay me via the same method as a one off and with me being a new payee and it was still in my bank literally within a few hours.

Sorry to hear that you've encountered this absolute messer tho :( not fair at all, horrible woman!

Xx

All the markings of a scammer, but who knows, we may yet be proved wrong :cry:

In the meantime, get signed up with Barclays Pingit - instant funds and all the clients have to have is the Pingit App and your mobile number - no fees either :D

All the markings of a scammer, but who knows, we may yet be proved wrong :cry:

In the meantime, get signed up with Barclays Pingit - instant funds and all the clients have to have is the Pingit App and your mobile number - no fees either :D

Ahh yes I have the pingit app also, really easy to use and funds are sent instantly Xx

Latest posts

Back