Clients & payments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone for your advice, it has definitely taught me a lesson.

SHE PAID!! 😃

She sent me a text this evening and asked if I had received payment, I checked and it was there.
She said sorry I've been busy.

I was so hoping she would pay, obviously for your sake, and also to restore my faith in human nature!

I've been doing nails over 10 years and in all that time, I've had several bounced cheques, several discover they have no money at the end of the appointment, etc but NOBODY in ten years has ever failed to pay within a few days.

I was reading through the whole thread wondering how it would end - I'm chuffed for you!

Agree totally with everything Hazemalone has said about not giving out bank details, this is something that concerns me too despite reassurances. I have no intention of giving mine out anyway lol. Cash only. (A few old clients still give me a cheque but all my new ones I tell them cash only)

Less hassle.

Thank you everyone for your advice, it has definitely taught me a lesson.

SHE PAID!! 😃

She sent me a text this evening and asked if I had received payment, I checked and it was there.
She said sorry I've been busy.

NOOOOOOO!!!!

I mean that's fantastic but WOW I really believed it would never happen. Ahhhh, sigh of relief and a good night's sleep. :hug:

Thank you geek family couldn't do without you all ☺️

Oh no virtues I've never heard of this with either of my banks? I just wack the new recipient details in on my online thingy and bobs your uncle! No mention of having to wait?

Who on earth does she bank with? Coutts???

Ha ha. It's purely on a business banking account MM/hazeleyes not a personal account. My personal account for a new recipient you get an automated phone call with a four digit number you enter into the computer then payment is instant. (TSB personal Account) Business accounts you have a card reader generally. My lloyds business account you have to wait 60 minutes from setting up to payment of a new recipient.

Oh see. .. my positive thinking won the day. ... ha ha ha.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

On both my personal and business account if you set up a new payer you can't do a transfer to then for 60 minutes. It's apparently some online security measure my bank take. Glad you got paid though xx

I have not read the entire thread, but am wondering why your clients don't just pay immediately with their smart phone. Pretty much 99% of my clients have a smart phone and pay me at the end of the service via their phone. Others pay cash.

ive read the comments re paypal, but if people pay you via paypal, wont paypal take a cut of the payment?

So glad she paid up!!

Unfortunately people don't realise how annoying it is to wait for payment.

My husband is a music teacher and people often "forget" to bring their payment with them. Then he has to chase them more than once to get them to pay up.
The amount they owe is a small, insignificant part of life to them. They almost certainly fully intend to pay and don't realise the agony we go through waiting for them to pay up.

They would certainly not go to a supermarket and expect to walk away with goods without paying. Or wait for a few days extra for their monthly wages.

I always wonder if this ever happened to me what I would do. In my head if someone said they forgot, I think I would say bank transfer or call someone to drop the money off while they wait in salon, otherwise I would have to remove the hair extensions due to none payment, which might get them to suddenly find it.

ive read the comments re paypal, but if people pay you via paypal, wont paypal take a cut of the payment?

Yes they do take a percentage as a fee. A client wanted a special order of Vinylux and couldn't find their card reader to set up an online payment. I was unprepared and didn't know how much the Paypal fee would be so I added £1 on for this. I wasn't that far off, but it's taught me to be prepared and to know these things so that I can add on the correct amount next time.

Do you do consultation forma where you get an address? Could you bill her? X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it's worth my bank transfers take 4 days on average if it is to another banking company. Instant if it is to another Santander account though.

I pay my nail tech and my therapist by bank transfer using my smart phone. Instant transfer from my account to there's although to set it up I had to use my car reader so there was a delay while I went home and set it up. Just so easy to do now!

I've just finished reading the whole thread and have to say I'm very surprised she paid but glad for 411 that she did!! How an unnecessary headache.
Im glad this was posted because it's a reminder how important it is to make it clear to new clients the method of payment available before their appointment, the cost of services and ensuring all clients fill in a new client form before treatment commences to capture their details which you can keep record of. At the end of the day if someone's a "professional" con artist, they'll provide false info anyway but at least you've done as much as you can to cover yourself.

Even if someone wants an extra paint on enhancements, I just casually say something like, "no worries at all, just letting you know that will be $X" so neither of you get awkwardly caught out.

I love one Therapists suggestion she'd remove extensions and they'd probably be quick to find the money....lol.....so true!

:)

Latest posts

Back