Clients questions...and your replies !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
I thought It may help some of us to put forward some common client questions, and then how you would reply,
This may help to prepare some of us not yet faced with, or not often faced with these questions. for when they do arrise

I'll start with

client ..."how long will they stay on for ?" (meaning the enhancements obviously ;))

my reply..." well they will not fall off or come off at all, the nails will stay on for as long as you look after them.
You will need to come back for maintence appointments approx every 2/3 weeks,
They will grow out with your own nails and this may cause them to look untidy, an Infill or rebalance will sort that out no problems "

something along those lines anyway ..sometimes i waffle on waaaaaayyy more than that lol :D

so come on, join in peeps,
what have you found to be a common question no matter wether your in the nail, hair, or skin industry, and then how do you reply,

you could also add your reply to a previously mentioned question .
xxx

When I get clients reluctant to pay for Solar Oil and saying oh I don't think I can afford it, I ask them if they can afford the extra maintenance charges incurred because they haven't being using Solar Oil as recommended in their aftercare. They soon tally it up and fork out the little extra.

Thats a fantastic answer Emma, saying ' they WILL not come off' rather than 'they SHOULD not come off' is a great way to get your point accross and let people know you know what your talking about x x

Client " If i keep up regualr waxing will the hairs eventually stop growing?"

My reply "Regular waxing will weaken the hairs and they may grow back a lot sparser but waxing is not a method of permanant hair removal. Only electrolysis or laser/Ipl will kill them off permanantly."

xx:hug:xx

client: If one pops off what glue should I use to stick it back on?

Me : You should NOT use any glue ....as it won't " just pop off "......... should you have any problems ....give me a ring and I'll fix it for you.....

oooh I have got one ..!

client question...."have you been busy this week then ? "

Now I struggle with this one, as what If I havent been busy ?
Do i be truthfull and say "well actually it has been a quiet week"
or tell a insey winsey porky, and say "oooh yes very busy"

what do you say with this question?

C: Don't you get bored of doing nails

M: No but I get bored of answering that question! x

oooh I have got one ..!

Oooh yes Very busy!!

I have just started saying this and business has suddenly started to pick up.
Strange but true.
So from now on, I am ALWAYS BUSY (even if I'm not!)

oooh I have got one ..!

Depends - if its a client who never looks after her nails and complains every appointment she broke one, even though its her fault she has problems not mine - i say yes im rushed off my feet (make me sound in demand and everyone wants my nails - its just her who can't look after em)

If its a regular who comes back with all 10 intact and no lifting etc im more truthful!!

Not sure if i worded that right but i think u get the gist of it!! xxx

oooh I have got one ..!

I wouldn't give the impression that it's quite. I would answer say something along the lines of:

Business is going good and suggest that you book your next appointment today as I'm finding it had just to squeeze people in at short notice.

C: Don't you get bored of doing nails

M: No but I get bored of answering that question! x

lol ! I like this :D
I got asked this by my client yesterday then her neice came in and asked it too
I normally say "No I never get bored, I get tired when I have been working all day but never bored "
but I love your reply lol ..

there have been some fabby replies
and the one for making a point of saying you are struggling to fit people in when THEY would like appointment is good,
I think ill rob that one thankyou :D

keep em' comming peeps xxxx

I have a couple......

client : Is it hard to do nails?

Me: Well I'm trained to do nails...and spend allot of time still to train and keep educated. So for me now to do nails is not hard .....but I still have to learn things to keep up.

Client : how do you know what what chemicals do what ?

ME: Because I'm a qualified Nail tech ...and have been trained in field of nail care and the things used to create them.

I get quite a few ladies comment on my eqipment (my nail equipment) .....saying things like 'oooh all of this must have cost you a fortune to set up' normally I just say 'yes I had no idea just how much when I started' !
But I hope this is taken in and reflects my prices as most people seem to think mobile means cheap.....I am right down the middle for my area!! xx

I get quite a few ladies comment on my eqipment (my nail equipment) .....saying things like 'oooh all of this must have cost you a fortune to set up' normally I just say 'yes I had no idea just how much when I started' !
But I hope this is taken in and reflects my prices as most people seem to think mobile means cheap.....I am right down the middle for my area!! xx

lol my clients are always asking that too!! Nosey beggars!!:lol:

I just agree that it has all cost a fortune - especially the training!

I get quite a few ladies comment on my eqipment (my nail equipment) .....saying things like 'oooh all of this must have cost you a fortune to set up'
Yes this is another that gets asked A lot , I have found that too .
or when you have your box of tips etc on the desk,
its "ooh how much did they cost then?"
I in the past have said "ooh im not sure coz VAT etc..gets added, and I order a lot of stock together blah blah blah .
but I hate the question x

Not that this has happened to me...yet...but has anyone had a client ask how much things cost 'trade' to us eg: polishes etc?
Obviously a short sweet answer would be required but i`m sure it must cross some peoples minds and some would have the front to try it on !!!

Another common questionis

Q:What are these little white spots on my nails, I drink loads of milk but still get them!

A: They are nothing to do with calcium or drinking milk, but caused by trauma to the nail, causing the round white cells to break away before they get flattened .......

finish off with the technical name of Leukonychia spots........and the client will be rendered silent for at least another 15 minutes!!! and will think twice before she questions you again!!!

good one izzi x
I once even wrote leukonychia down on a piece of paper, for a teenage girl, so she could remeber it and tell her nan and her school friends lmao ,
the things that impress hey !

One of my regular ladies today came out with

"Why dont you apply the product right down onto the cuticle? Is it to let the nails breathe?"

LOL I had to bite my tongue so I didnt blurt out "nails dont have lungs!!!!"

Although I am ashamed to say I dont think I actually know the correct answer so I told her if we applied it to the cuticle, when the natural nail grows it would cause instant lifting.

Is there a better answer?

I would just say something like
"well we leave the tiny margin to prevent the product touching your skin, this prevents over exposure also prevents lifting, as if product does touch your skin, the bodys natural oils will prevent the product from adhering to your nail plate "

this will then probably bring on a "whats over exposure " question,

you can then explain about over exposure, explaining is it VERY important to avoid it at all costs , but that it does usually happen over a period of repeated use,
Only to ensure client has been given true facts but only enough to not bore her to tears or scare her sensless, !

does anybody have other suggestions on this one ???

Latest posts

Back