Clients sleeping on their hands after spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charshaun

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am doing a spray tan party tomorrow and because I will not be starting until 7:00pm I need to give advice about how my clients should sleep to avoid getting tanning solution on their hands and waking up with bright orange palms.

What do you guys suggest, laytex gloves overnight, barrier cream.
I would really appreciate your advices.

Thanks Charlotte

Hi, you should be all right really, by the time they get themselves into bed, they should be dry. Make sure they stand around for at least 15mins after being sprayed. Make sure they are wearing and sleeping in loose clothes.

I wouldnt advise them to wear latex gloves, as they will get sweaty and ruin the backs of their hands. Just advise them between being sprayed and showering the following morning, not to touch/scratch their bodies.

There really isnt alot you can do to prevent someone from rubbing their bodies when they are alseep. It will not be your fault if they do, you cant control that.

good luck with your party.

Hi guys

I am doing a spray tan party tomorrow and because I will not be starting until 7:00pm I need to give advice about how my clients should sleep to avoid getting tanning solution on their hands and waking up with bright orange palms.

What do you guys suggest, laytex gloves overnight, barrier cream.
I would really appreciate your advices.

Thanks Charlotte

To be honest Charlotte I think a lot of your ladies will get it on their palms before they go to bed as we are always touching ourselves without realising. I am a face toucher especially when I talk and I inevitably get some on my fingers. If they are applying barrier cream before they have their tan and then before they go to bed all should be fine. if we told ladies to wear gloves overnight they probably wouldn't anyway and certainly not latex as they would sweat off any tan they had on the backs of their hands and around their wrists. HTH

I agree with the above.

I would like to add though - and I know it's gross - but I always remind them that they can't wash their hands for a few hours (going to the toilet etc) and suggest that they rub a baby wipe between their palms to avoid ruining the backs of their hands.

I remember the first time my sister had a spray tan at a salon.
She got home and went straight to the bathroom where her husband was bathing their daughter.
Automatically, she started playing in the water with the ducks, helping to wash her hair, etc.
Next day, she looked like she was wearing long gloves!

I have found this too, and some brands do tend to come off for a few hours, the only way round it is PJ`s as they tend to touch there legs.

xx

Thanks guys PJ's and barrier cream it is!!

I always get spray tanned myself at night and sleep on it as do most of my clients.

Wearing clothes is the only way to avoid it!

Latest posts

Back