Clients wanting refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallpap

Reaction score
I had a lady in on Saturday and did a full set of lashes. I lashed every lash (that i could) and they looked nice. She didnt seem too happy as she felt one side looked slightly thicker than the other but paid and left.
I have had various voicemails this morning and she says she is unhappy and wants a refund.
Sometimes i feel that people take the p because I am a home salon and a nice and friendly person...
what would ou do?

I would talk to her!
Get her back in and have a look at them to see for yourself what's upsetting her, then do what you can do to put right whatever it is she thinks is wrong.
Did you take before and after photos?

How you deal with customer complaints has a very great bearing on your reputation. Treat her well!

Difficult one. If only she had said at the time.

Are your clients usually happy and, more importantly, were you happy with the lashes?

If you feel you did a good job and are confident in your work then, no, I probably wouldn't refund. However, from a customer service point of view I'd probably invite her back so you can have a look and try to add more lashes.

However, some clients are just chancers and want to try to get everything for nothing. If you feel this is the case with her, I would offer to remove her lashes for free (I usually charge for this). Will be interested to see how she responds.

Whatever you do, just try to be professional and don't take it personally.

If you have lots of happy clients then I wouldn't let this worry you too much. (Easy for me to say, I know)! LOL

Being a home based salon should make no difference in how you carry out treatments nor how the clients deals with you. Just because she doesn't like them does not mean she can have a refund. Have a look at them and if one side does look different why not just add some free of charge (unless you think she has pulled them off).

If she noticed a problem straight after application why didnt she leave fully satisfied????.....sometimes (and only sometimes) we have to give the client what they want even if we dont think it looks right.

I think she did more or less say at the time she wasnt happy from the way i read it ...

If a client noticed a problem (right or wrong) i would make sure they were 100% happy before they leave, that way they cant come back and say 'well i did mention it'

I wouldnt refund, i would however make the job right for her in the first place (thats not to say you didnt do it right in the first place) but she has to be happy with the treatment she paid for, no matter what your opinion/training may be, if she thinks its not right then she will go off and say so. Would have been better to say 'i personally and professionaly feel that its correct, however i can change that for you if you wish'.

Where you work makes no difference xx

If she doesnt like them then i can understand her wanting her money back (dont jump on me, it doesnt make it right).... but from her point of view if shes not happy then surely we want to make her happy so she tells 5 and comes back for more x

you need to get her back in and see what is bothering her. that way you can either sort it out for her or explain way in your opinion you dont think any action needs to be taken.

Dont shy away from complaints, welcome them as how you deal with them will enhance your reputation if done correctly.

I would schedule a consult asap and fix whatever it is she thinks looks odd. If she refuses to come in, that's her loss.
No refund!

The ONLY time I've even considered a refund, I said "OK, fine. I will refund you, when would you like to come in to have your nails removed?".
She was STUNNED. She said "what do you mean?" I answered "well, you want your refund as if you had never spent the money, right?" She answered "yes". I said "OK, if you never spent the money, then you never had the nails done".
She then decided she didnt' want the refund after all since she'd be walking around without nails.

The ONLY time I've even considered a refund, I said "OK, fine. I will refund you, when would you like to come in to have your nails removed?".

She was STUNNED. She said "what do you mean?" I answered "well, you want your refund as if you had never spent the money, right?" She answered "yes". I said "OK, if you never spent the money, then you never had the nails done".

GREAT answer...I would have loved to see the look on her face! :)

GREAT answer...I would have loved to see the look on her face! :)

LOL Me too! Too bad phones don't have video screens!
But the 'pregnant pause' said VOLUMES :lol::lick:

If you haven't already then I would call her back asap. You say she didn't seem to happy so she obviously felt that there was a problem. Some people like to check everything at home before they make a complaint. I do the same thing with my hair, I always panic whilst im having it done and usually have to force a smile at the salon then rush home to check it in my bathroom, 9 times out of 10 there are no problems but I have had to complain once before and they have always offered to rectify it.

The only time I would ask for a full refund is if something had been completely bodged.

This sounds like a chanced to me. How long have you been doing lashes?? Do you have experience? Before & after pics are definitely the way forward- put it to your client this way -
Take before photos and say that you want her to see the difference because it's hard to remember what they were like before because the extensions are so natural etc
Like others have said I'd offer to have a look to see if there's genuinely a problem. Remember one eye is always 'better' than the other- just like we have one foot bigger than the other, eyes contain a slightly different number of lashes. I always show my client at the end and check they're happy...
The saving grace is your camera phone though... x
Posted via Mobile Device

Also as vhunter said- offer to remove them. NO WAY would I leave them on AND refund!!
Posted via Mobile Device

we have the same policy here, if the client wants a refund, we will only do so if we remove the nails. i have had a few that have wanted a refund. WHen I tell them they can but am taking the nails off they never agree.

I see it this way and have mentioned this here before :

I wouldnt go into a shop to ask for a refund for shoes i have bought, and not expect to have give back the shoes...........its the same thing!

Latest posts

Back