Clients wearing masks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, I have a couple of things I'd like to ask. Firstly, I have a client who refuses to wear a mask. She has no medical reason not to, just thinks the whole thing is ridiculous. She's 'forgotten' her mask so I've given her a disposable one of mine, then she arrived with one on and then took it off halfway through treatment. She tells me to take off my mask and visor as she doesn't care if she gets it (I keep them both on regardless) my point is, if clients are allowed to take off masks for things such as lip waxes then am I over reacting asking her to put her mask on?
Second thing I'd like to ask is does anyone else find their clients are touching their faces more when wearing masks? Those that don't like them are constantly touching them and moving them away from their mouth, one lady even pulled hers down, scratched her nose then pulled it back up!
I was recently invited to join a hair salon team as many people were asking her to bring in a Esthetician and I agreed. Not only will the salon owner not wear a mask but she is discouraging the clients from doing so!! She's telling them its a conspiracy theory and there is no such thing as Covid. Needless to say I was in shock to see no hand sanitizer around and no masks worn and the only thing that is discussed in the salon is this conspiracy theory. I spoke with her about how we should be protecting ourselves as well as the clients and that to me discussing this is not relaxing for clients. It's non stop talking from the start of their service until they leave!! Not a relaxing environment at all! I also expressed my concern that we could face huge fines and still nothing! I haven't gone in for a week and this morning she called to tell me she would rather close the salon down until the nobody has to wear one. Although I really really need the work, I won't put myself and others at risk.

I was recently invited to join a hair salon team as many people were asking her to bring in a Esthetician and I agreed. Not only will the salon owner not wear a mask but she is discouraging the clients from doing so!! She's telling them its a conspiracy theory and there is no such thing as Covid. Needless to say I was in shock to see no hand sanitizer around and no masks worn and the only thing that is discussed in the salon is this conspiracy theory. I spoke with her about how we should be protecting ourselves as well as the clients and that to me discussing this is not relaxing for clients. It's non stop talking from the start of their service until they leave!! Not a relaxing environment at all! I also expressed my concern that we could face huge fines and still nothing! I haven't gone in for a week and this morning she called to tell me she would rather close the salon down until the nobody has to wear one. Although I really really need the work, I won't put myself and others at risk.
That's awful to not only put her clients at risk by not wearing one but to then belittle the whole thing in front of them is really not professional at all. I don't blame you for not going in.

That's awful to not only put her clients at risk by not wearing one but to then belittle the whole thing in front of them is really not professional at all. I don't blame you for not going in.
I admire you so much, it must be very difficult for you as I am sure you need to work, but if this is how the owner is behaving you are better off out of there, besides I can't see the salon being open for too long, either the clients will not go in because they are not feeling protected or the local authority will shut them down, with heavy fines. She should be reported now, and be ashamed of herself, but then she can't be all the ticket if she is being guided by conspiracy theories, does she think it's all lies about how many people have died. You are best out of there, I know if I had an attitude like her I wouldn't have any staff, they wouldn't tolerate be not protecting them and our clients, shes disgraceful.

Apart from anything else she has a duty of care towards her staff and clients, so if any of them got really ill with covid she could face legal repercussions. And I bet all the clients who originally went along with her conspiracy theory would suddenly change their tune and not be quite as agreeable if they got ill and it was traced to her salon.

Leave the salon officially and then report the salon. Really not on!!

Latest posts

Back