Client's weird comment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good lord not got any stories but just wanted to say I've been crying laughing at some of these! The things some people say! I think my personal fave is "I don't want u to die or nuthin'"

LOL

I had a lady having her nails gelled and we were talking about her daughter and I asked her what she wanted to do after she left school to
Which she replied ' she's looking at doing beauty, not that I agree' so I asked why and she said pretty much with out even thinking 'all them barbies walking around painting nails all day, it's not a real career choice is it' I stopped what I was doing and looked up and said 'oh, should I close my business down and get myself a real job then?' and she was like 'oh no dear I don't mean you your good at what you do but as I said your the perfect type blonde hair
Fake tan, I want better for my girl as I'm sure your parents did for you' I wanted to give her a spade to keep digging with!
Yes I have blonde hair, yes I wear fake tan yes I can be a lil dippy but thick in my job I am NOT! Also my parents are extremely proud! X

Have been laughing my head off at some of these!
:lol: Have had lot's of comments over the years. One incident that will always stick in my mind is when I worked on cruise ships and was explaining our relaxation pod, saying it's so relaxing just 10 mins can make you feel as though you've had 2 hours sleep. One lady looked quite horrified and said what if I'm so relaxed I stop breathing!!?? I replied in a jokey manner that she would die if she ever stopped breathing for an extended period of time (in hindsite prob not the best comment ha ha) With that she turned on her heal and said she most definatly would not be visitiing the spa again! I mean really! What did she think we throw the bodies off the side if they died through relaxation. Still giggle now at the thought.

My worst one was a lady came in for a bikini wax after a long working day (hot summer day):

client: I know I don't smell the best as I'm strait from work, but it is your job, you're used to this!
me: to shocked to respond:mad:

My worst one was a lady came in for a bikini wax after a long working day (hot summer day):

client: I know I don't smell the best as I'm strait from work, but it is your job, you're used to this!
me: to shocked to respond:mad:

This would be where I would gag! Haha!! X

Yes after that last post i must say i agree that's what's worst than the things people say is how they come into the spa/salon being nasty and or dirty thinking that's somehow ok!!! Hair that needs to be washed is one thing, but "down there" that's needs a cleaning is something else entirely. I always have wipes, wash cloths, soaps, and available for them but honestly they really should be ready for service when they come in. Massaging, waxing, tanning, scrubbing, puts one so close to person, it should be common sense to be fresh and clean for those services.

I had a lady having her nails gelled and we were talking about her daughter and I asked her what she wanted to do after she left school to
Which she replied ' she's looking at doing beauty, not that I agree' so I asked why and she said pretty much with out even thinking 'all them barbies walking around painting nails all day, it's not a real career choice is it' I stopped what I was doing and looked up and said 'oh, should I close my business down and get myself a real job then?' and she was like 'oh no dear I don't mean you your good at what you do but as I said your the perfect type blonde hair
Fake tan, I want better for my girl as I'm sure your parents did for you' I wanted to give her a spade to keep digging with!
Yes I have blonde hair, yes I wear fake tan yes I can be a lil dippy but thick in my job I am NOT! Also my parents are extremely proud! X

I have a client who often mentions to me that when her daughter was little, she wanted to be a beauty therapist! She then goes along pretty much the same as your client. I've never had the balls to quip back and I'm too slow to think of a clever response. But now I've got one. Thank you. :hug:

I really didn't know what to say. It's one of the few times when I was actually speechless.

I hope you never see her again very abroubt and rude xxx

I get this lots with people assuming I'm dumb, but fortunately I have a degree so I always say something like 'oh I didn't know what I wanted to do until I finished my classics degree' or explain to them in scientific detail what I'm doing, like polymerisation when I'm doing thier acrylics.
Turns out with that and all the nails & tanning quals I'm more qualified than them! then I have to go back to being dippy so they feel comfortable lol

I think it helps people feel less embarrassed about being practically naked for a lot of treatments if they think you're not too bright :p

I couldn't possibly post some of the odd things my clients have said (and these mainly from the over 60's - I tell you, it would make your hair curl lol)

Probably the rudest was:

Client: I bet you're a soft mum
Me: Well I am a bit - how can you tell?
Client: Because you're overweight. If you can't discipline yourself, how can you discipline your children?

:eek::irked: :smack:

That made me giggle! :D Some people just don't think before they open their mouth! x

Why do men who see a girl with a tongue piercing automaticaly think we're easy??grrrrrr!
I've had mine for 7 years but won't take it out to please anyone lol!

Four years for mine!

Just reading through this OMG. I have no patience for this stuff. i can see me having a salon for a month if all my clients were like this!

I used to work in a pub so there was a bit of leeway, if you got given cheek you can give cheek back. I couldn't control myself if anybody said some of these comments to me!

Oh and the tongue ring thing? Not so much, but I get the whole guys thinking I'm easy because I'm slightly overweight but have huge boobs. Yeah I show off my boobs, my boobs are awesome. Why shouldn't i? is it an invitation for you to try and touch them or kiss them? No, I will deck you mate!!!

Grrrr.......

This I such a brilliant thread. As someone who is hoping to soon set up at home and mobile, I don't know whether to be

Whoops, hit send by mistake!

Anyway, I was going to say that I don't know if I should be scared now given some of these comments!! :)

At least we now have some perfect replies for the idiots out there....

Had one from a lady the other day! I'm 31 weeks pregnant and when talking I said I already had a 6 year old she pointed at my bump and said 'so its a mistake then' could of poked her eyes out!

Had one from a lady the other day! I'm 31 weeks pregnant and when talking I said I already had a 6 year old she pointed at my bump and said 'so its a mistake then' could of poked her eyes out!

Omg!!! Do these people even have brain cells?! Why are they all so rude?! X

This one is about what the therapist said.

My MIL was having a set of Acrylics done. The therapist has never done my MIL nails before. My MIL hands started to shake and the therapist said, "oh do you drink a lot?"
My MIL replied that she rarely drinks and she gets the shakes because she has MS. I know you wouldn't be able to look at her and know she has MS but, I would not have asked a new client if she has a drinking problem.

Well it looks like I'm joining the hell brigade! Lol!
I once had an older client In I'd guess in her mid to late 70's for a facial so I started the facial and she asked me if I was religious now I do remember being tought never discuss politics or religion but she seemed nice enough although she caught me off guard a bit so I just replied that I'm quite impartial on the whole thing I would never say there is no god but I wouldn't say there definately is either I just believe that you should try and live your life as a good kind person and if there is anything after you die how you've lived your life will be taken into consideration! Well she didn't like that told me I was completely wrong which I personally found very rude as I would never tell a person there beliefs we're wrong and unless I asked the lord Jesus Christ into my heart I would go to hell anyway she then carried on preaching to me before when I put her mask on she then starts praying for my to find the lord and be sparred from the gates of hell! Very awkward and uncomfortable!!
Xx
🌸

I think the weirdest comment I've ever had was a regular guy who came in for massage. His demeanor was always a bit odd and very spaced out, sometimes wondered if he was taking something. Anyways at consultation:

Me: so Mr X, how has your back pain been?
Mr X: Pretty bad recently.
Me: OK and can you think of anything that's changed that might have made it worse?
Mr X: Yeah it must be all the kinky sex...
Me: *laughing* Oh right, I would never have thought that was going on in our little village!
Mr X: Oh believe me, this village is the worst!

I totally took this as a joke and laughed it off, but afterwards I thought, maybe its true! Too much information!

I have one certain client that comes by every two weeks, every time I see her name in the diary I cringe.

At first I thought she said the comment because she was nervous, but since then she mentions it again and again.

She constantly announces to me: that I'm fat, I need to lose weight, I could do with losing a few pounds etc etc.

I never really know what to say to her! Does she really think I don't ever look in the mirror or that I think I'm stick thin like Kate Moss?! I do have to carry the body around on a daily basis!!!

I had a client pop in the other day to book an appointment with one of the girls, and since I last saw her I've coloured my hair. I was bleached blonde, I'm now copper.
She took one look at my hair and said "I much prefer that colour on you, looks far better than that horrible cheap blonde you used to have!"
Now I'm used to clients having an opinion on my hair... But some tact please!

Latest posts

Back