Client's weird comment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one certain client that comes by every two weeks, every time I see her name in the diary I cringe.

At first I thought she said the comment because she was nervous, but since then she mentions it again and again.

She constantly announces to me: that I'm fat, I need to lose weight, I could do with losing a few pounds etc etc.

I never really know what to say to her! Does she really think I don't ever look in the mirror or that I think I'm stick thin like Kate Moss?! I do have to carry the body around on a daily basis!!!

That's awful. Next time she says something like that, look her straight in the eye and calmly say "Do you know what, I find your constant references to my weight really offensive and hurtful. I would really appreciate it if you didn't mention it again".

She will get the message and either stop saying things like that or not re-book with you. Either way its a win win situation. Don't stand for it, you don't need clients like that, who the heck does she think she is? :hug:

That's awful. Next time she says something like that, look her straight in the eye and calmly say "Do you know what, I find your constant references to my weight really offensive and hurtful. I would really appreciate it if you didn't mention it again".

She will get the message and either stop saying things like that or not re-book with you. Either way its a win win situation. Don't stand for it, you don't need clients like that, who the heck does she think she is? :hug:

Thanks hun! I definitely need to stand up for myself with her. I'm sure I'll find a way - she's in tomorrow. I'll see what I can do ;)

I have one certain client that comes by every two weeks, every time I see her name in the diary I cringe.

At first I thought she said the comment because she was nervous, but since then she mentions it again and again.

She constantly announces to me: that I'm fat, I need to lose weight, I could do with losing a few pounds etc etc.

I never really know what to say to her! Does she really think I don't ever look in the mirror or that I think I'm stick thin like Kate Moss?! I do have to carry the body around on a daily basis!!!
Ugh that is appalling. I don't understand what makes some people think it is EVER ok to comment on someone else's body. Body shaming makes me SO angry. I don't think I'd be able to bite my tongue.

My extra pounds are my business and I will get rid of them if I ever see fit to. If others don't like it they can jog the F on!

This one is about what the therapist said.

My MIL was having a set of Acrylics done. The therapist has never done my MIL nails before. My MIL hands started to shake and the therapist said, "oh do you drink a lot?"
My MIL replied that she rarely drinks and she gets the shakes because she has MS. I know you wouldn't be able to look at her and know she has MS but, I would not have asked a new client if she has a drinking problem.
Oh. my. good. God :eek:

I'd be more than tempted to tell her yes, I may be. But you're rude, and I could always lose the weight if I wanted! Good ol' Winston!

Then suggest she find a more appropriate salon for her needs.

Honestly, some people are awful :o But, as above, it works both ways!

Thanks hun! I definitely need to stand up for myself with her. I'm sure I'll find a way - she's in tomorrow. I'll see what I can do ;)

Let us know how you get on, I hope you shame her into silence!

I don't think I've had any VERY rude customers to be honest (I only work part-time now from home) but I do hate the whole assumption that you're dumb, I just love to tell them about how I have an OND in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and am also a fully trained electrician... which is actually my main job! Usually does the trick...! :)

Latest posts

Back