Client's weird comment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoriabar

Reaction score
i Shellac'd a new clients nails yesterday and she asked for something light and fresh so i did Tutti Fruity with Iced Coral layered over for a nice coral type colour... her response when she was ready to go was "oh, thats the exact colour of raw flesh with skin just removed"

what is the oddest thing a client has said to you?

I couldn't possibly post some of the odd things my clients have said (and these mainly from the over 60's - I tell you, it would make your hair curl lol)

Probably the rudest was:

Client: I bet you're a soft mum
Me: Well I am a bit - how can you tell?
Client: Because you're overweight. If you can't discipline yourself, how can you discipline your children?

:eek::irked: :smack:

WHAT?!?! :eek: wow blossom how an earth did you respond to that?! some people are unreal xx

A model I was practicing on said she throws stones at my cat - randomly xx

I couldn't possibly post some of the odd things my clients have said (and these mainly from the over 60's - I tell you, it would make your hair curl lol)

Probably the rudest was:

Client: Because you're overweight. If you can't discipline yourself, how can you discipline your children?

Omg!!!

Usually its me who says something random and not the client. I am in a multintional salon, which sometimes means that i keep switching over in between four different languages and words just dont come out right - i have one idea in my head and say something odd instead.

Say, i was waxing one clients eyebrows and she was growing out her hair (her hair was coloured black and she had blond roots) so, without thinking i turned around to her and said : oh my god, that will take you ages to grow this hair back. She didnt look amused as i had just pulled a wax strip off her eyebrows!

I had to explain to her that i had thought about one thing in my head and that by the time i got everything translated from one language to another, i only came out with a fraction of a sentence instead.

Jurate xx

Probably the rudest was:

I can't believe that!!!
😳

Can't believe yours blossom how rude of her. The one about throwing stones at your cat is just horrid. I think you must both be a lot nicer than me. I would of had to say something. I have to admit though, a friend came round looked at my very fat cat and said they say fat people have fat animals lol as she was a friend I thought it was funny xxxx

I had a young male in for a back massage, he was telling me about his pet lizard, then I said "do you get your lizard out and play with it much" he really laughed and I could have died with embarrassment;)xxx

Probably the rudest was:

That is horrible, I can't understand people who come out with comments like that!
I remember my grandma once saying to me on a rare visit, oh Lila you look different! Then turned to my sister and said but you still look beautiful Anna!!!
Charming!!! X

Rudest or weirdest?
Rudest was about 9 years ago. I had a regular client bring her friend in for an appointment. The friend was staying with her from abroad. Regular sat there in reception( which is where we did manicures)
Client....so barbara, tell me do you have any children?
Me...yes I have 3, 1 girl at college, 2 boys at school.
Client... Oh that's nice,what is she studying?
Me... Beauty therapy, following in her mums footsteps,lol
Client...well, I suppose if she's not very academic then that's probably the best choice for her:irked:

Clients telling me regularly that I must've started having my kids at about 14 as I look too young to have the aged kids I have. Which isn't a compliment in my eyes.

Weirdest was an elderly client who was suffering with senile dementia and who used to come to me just to have her nails cut and filed.
She would make comments about me not making them too short or she wouldn't be able to pick her nose...ewwwww. Because she was suffering with memory loss she would repeat the comment every time she came in, making me feel physically sick as I cut her talons.

Weirdest thing I had a client do was take all her clothes off each time she had a non surgical facial. Then when it was time for her to get off the couch she would insist she put her arms round my neck, and I would help her because she said she suffered with vertigo.:o the whole thing was weird and each month, when I saw her name in the appointment room I would feel uneasy to say the least.

Had loads of others

Hi,
I was doing this ladies nails a while, I work from home in my dining room and there are big French doors to the living room, my 3 girls were sat on the sofa watching tv quietly, when she turned round to me and said "how do you cope with so many kids!"
Like I have about 12 all running round causing chaos!
I just carried on and said "mmmm"
The cheek of it! Lol

That is horrible, I can't understand people who come out with comments like that!
I remember my grandma once saying to me on a rare visit, oh Lila you look different! Then turned to my sister and said but you still look beautiful Anna!!!
Charming!!! X

Sounds like my husband's grandmother who turned to my brother in law's girlfriend and said "oh at least your nice and slim unlike annabel (me)"!

Funny how things turn out. She might have been nice and slim but that still didn't stop her marrying him for six weeks before she left him for the guy she had obviously been seeing before they got hitched. Um she really turned out to be great NOT!

Unfortunately some people don't take a look at themselves before they open their gobs!

Probably the rudest was:

Unbelievable! Some people never cease to amaze!

Personally i can't stand people who think out loud like this.

My niece works with people with disabilities and one of the bank staff turned to her and said "why are you so fat"!

Well actually if she'd have taken the tme she would have realised she was born with a condition which causes her to be very short (4 ft 10 in) and ver broad. Me thinks if your talking to your colleagues like this how are you talking to the service users behind closed doors!

Fortunately she has grown a thick skin throughout her school years and it is a shame that she now has to go to work to endure it!

Some people!

This one isn't from a client but one time I was in a shop browsing the plus size clothing section and this woman wandered through the store with her friend, and even though I was right in her field of vision said really loudly "Oh NO, we don't want this section, this is for FAT people"..... and wandered off! :cry:

I honestly don't know why some people feel so much disdain towards large people, it's not like we are lepers or something.. fat's not catching!!

Something a friend told me recently left me gobsmacked!

They had a really lovely new client book in and their treatments amounted to £70. The client was really friendly and chatted the whole way through. As they were leaving, they left their money on the side and thanked them and said a cheery goodbye. My friend checked their money and saw that there was only £50, so he quickly called the guy who would have been just yards away and told him that he's accidentally left £50 instead of £70. The client replied in a cheery voice 'Oh no, I only ever pay £50'. My mate said 'Well you knew when you booked that your treatments came to £70' and the client said (in a nice cheery voice) 'Oh no, I only ever pay £50. Bye'.

Can you believe the cheek of it. I'm gonna try that in M&S later.

Wow can you imagine! I'm off to fenwicks for a mulberry bag, but I only pay £50!!!! You would be taken away by the police!x x

I get a lot of weird comments from my older clients.
There's one in her 60's in my building that's very... Ummm... Cougar-ish. She likes tanning out back in her 2-piece leopard print bikini when it's sunny out. Her comments are usually of the aggressive sex-related type. (I'm scared of her! :lol: )

Another lady, referred to me by her church friend, after hearing my American accent said, "oh another one! Seems you Yanks are slowly coming to your senses and coming back home, eh?" :lol:

Another lady, very vain, took a long hard stare at my birthmark while I was giving her a pedi and said, "You know they have ways of removing that now, don't you? You don't have to walk around looking like you have a cow pie on your face." :lol:

The list goes on. But it's entertaining!

Another lady, very vain, took a long hard stare at my birthmark while I was giving her a pedi and said, "You know they have ways of removing that now, don't you? You don't have to walk around looking like you have a cow pie on your face." :

Omg I think I would of slapped her! I had my birth mark removed from my face when I was two but still have a big scar on my jaw! Some clients just stare but most can't see it!!

i Shellac'd a new clients nails yesterday and she asked for something light and fresh so i did Tutti Fruity with Iced Coral layered over for a nice coral type colour... her response when she was ready to go was "oh, thats the exact colour of raw flesh with skin just removed"

what is the oddest thing a client has said to you?

Makes herself sound like she's got a back yard full of corpses lolol x

Something a friend told me recently left me gobsmacked!

They had a really lovely new client book in and their treatments amounted to £70. The client was really friendly and chatted the whole way through. As they were leaving, they left their money on the side and thanked them and said a cheery goodbye. My friend checked their money and saw that there was only £50, so he quickly called the guy who would have been just yards away and told him that he's accidentally left £50 instead of £70. The client replied in a cheery voice 'Oh no, I only ever pay £50'. My mate said 'Well you knew when you booked that your treatments came to £70' and the client said (in a nice cheery voice) 'Oh no, I only ever pay £50. Bye'.

Can you believe the cheek of it. I'm gonna try that in M&S later.

Oh my goodness, the nerve of some people! Do they not realise that's actually theft?! Very odd!

My 'favourite' occassion was not something someone said but her actions, she was an older lady who kept falling asleep at my nail desk, every time she had a layer of polish done she put her hand in her hair and nodded off. I had to repeat quite a few layers and then she smudged them again rummaging through her handbag. I don't know how many times I asked her to keep her hands on the table till they were dry lol. I've gained quite a few clients through therapists tactlessness too, such as a manicure client who left her previous therapist when she was told she found it difficult to make her 'man hands' look nice!

Latest posts

Back