Client's weird comment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of these are unreal. My worst was a lady in her 70's saying to me that would u not get my teeth fixed. I asked her what was wrong with them & she said they are all crooked! I always had a complex about my teeth have since had them fixed but i was so shocked at the cheek of her! She had a lot of moles on her face how would she have felt if I said think you should get them removed!! People are unreal think you need a thick skin in this job xx

Something a friend told me recently left me gobsmacked!

They had a really lovely new client book in and their treatments amounted to £70. The client was really friendly and chatted the whole way through. As they were leaving, they left their money on the side and thanked them and said a cheery goodbye. My friend checked their money and saw that there was only £50, so he quickly called the guy who would have been just yards away and told him that he's accidentally left £50 instead of £70. The client replied in a cheery voice 'Oh no, I only ever pay £50'. My mate said 'Well you knew when you booked that your treatments came to £70' and the client said (in a nice cheery voice) 'Oh no, I only ever pay £50. Bye'.

Can you believe the cheek of it. I'm gonna try that in M&S later.

We had a client try this in September needless to say I stood in front of the door told her it was stealing and if she didn't pay the correct price I'd phone he police, police did get a call after she started been very abusive.

The other day I was booked to do acrylic infills and a pedicure for a patient in a private hospital. Upon arrival to ward reception I introduced myself and explained what I came for.

The nurse looked surprised and said: "Amazing! Why would she ( the client) book someone to do just that? I could do it myself... (looking at her bitten nails, they clearly never seen a manicure) do people actually pay for this kind of service?"

No, they don't, I just do it because there is nothing else to do for me! How ill-thought is that? Of course they do pay and you don't want to know how much! Now get back to your paperwork!

people can be sooooo rude. ive had many comments over the years, none come to mind right now but will post if i remember any.

The rudest client i had was last summer, she came in for a nail tidy on her feet. When she came into my room she said 'where can i put my bags?' so i said she can put them by the chair on the floor she huffed 'and how am i supposed to pick them up when i leave i have a bad back' so I replied that i would pick them up for her no problem.

I asked her to sit on the couch and i would start her treatment, she didn't look happy and said that would hurt her legs so i asked how would she be more comfortable she replied 'with my legs dangling down and you bending down to do them'. I took a deep breath and we carried on. Never mind about my back!

When i asked what colour polish would she like she didn't say a word and pointed to her lips, I said 'sorry?' and sternly she said 'the same as my lipstick' and pointed again. So i picked a few colours similar and asked her what she would like and I got 'well you can see my lipstick can't you what do you think?'. By now I was getting wound up!

When i finished I sprayed polish with dry spray and explained to sit and let them dry fully before putting shoes on as she had closed in shoes she said ' what? Are they not instantly dry' I replied 'Im afraid not' she huffed 'well i have things to do how inconvenient'.

Needless to say she sat for bloody ages in the end! And I wanted to say thanks for coming please don't come again!

On her way out she said to my colleague 'that was the worst experience of my life and i am traumatised by how rude that girl is'. If i had been there i would've said well write a letter of complaint to the boss...oh yes thats me!

Sadly i was the client with the weird comment.... Though i didnt mean it like it sounded.

Back in the days of the manual rub in tan i was just about to have my boobs tanned when instead of it coming out in a jokey kind of break the ice, im a little nervous, sorry youve got to tan my less than pert boobies, i said in a rather leary manner "bet you love this bit". Not sure who was more mortified!!

Some people comment to me about my brows alot i think they either love them or hate them (usually compliments). I had one new client in and i was speaking to her about products and she stood very closely to me (which i wasnt fond of lol) she then stared at my face and said "what have you done with your eyebrows...you need to sort them out they're too big" i just paused in shock and did a fake laugh :/

Another...I told a lady we actually have to take at least a £20 deposit (not my rules) she was booking the appointment for the very next day. She had a massive hissy fit about it, spoke to me very rudely and as i was continuing to be polite i said ill write your appointment down for you she threw a £20 not in my face...gets worse. She then snatches the pencil from me as im writing then throws that at me and walks off!!! Hows that for rude!

lol good job i can just laugh it off! They are funny buggers lol :D

Some people comment to me about my brows alot i think they either love them or hate them (usually compliments). I had one new client in and i was speaking to her about products and she stood very closely to me (which i wasnt fond of lol) she then stared at my face and said "what have you done with your eyebrows...you need to sort them out they're too big" i just paused in shock and did a fake laugh :/

Another...I told a lady we actually have to take at least a £20 deposit (not my rules) she was booking the appointment for the very next day. She had a massive hissy fit about it, spoke to me very rudely and as i was continuing to be polite i said ill write your appointment down for you she threw a £20 not in my face...gets worse. She then snatches the pencil from me as im writing then throws that at me and walks off!!! Hows that for rude!

lol good job i can just laugh it off! They are funny buggers lol :D

Did she come aback for her treatment? I would of gave her the £20 back and told her to to come x

Did she come aback for her treatment? I would of gave her the £20 back and told her to to come x

Yes! But fortunately for me I wasnt the one having to do her treatment the old hag :/ Xx

This thread is soooooo on time!

Saturday my son came by the salon for a haircut and, as a dutiful son does, came in to give me a hug before heading out. I was doing a pedi on a new client and, up to that point, we had been having a great time.

After my son walked out, she asked me if Kellen was adopted to which I replied no. She then asked me his ethnicity. I didn't mind, it's 2012. He's mixed, I responded.

543748_4156884919951_2398654_n.jpg

Her response to me? "You know you're going to hell and you've damned him to hell, too. Jesus don't believe in mixin' colors."

We didn't speak for the rest of the appointment.

Worst of all, she didn't leave me a tip. LOL

Another lady, very vain, took a long hard stare at my birthmark while I was giving her a pedi and said, "You know they have ways of removing that now, don't you? You don't have to walk around looking like you have a cow pie on your face." :lol:

Grrrrrrrr

Saturday my son came by the salon for a haircut and, as a dutiful son does, came in to give me a hug before heading out. I was doing a pedi on a new client and, up to that point, we had been having a great time.

After my son walked out, she asked me if Kellen was adopted to which I replied no. She then asked me his ethnicity. I didn't mind, it's 2012. He's mixed, I responded.

View attachment 15975

Her response to me? "You know you're going to hell and you've damned him to hell, too. Jesus don't believe in mixin' colors."

OMG!! thats shocking, I can't believe that!

OMG!! thats shocking, I can't believe that!

I really didn't know what to say. It's one of the few times when I was actually speechless.

View attachment 15975

WTF!

I don't know how you did not just get up and tell her to leave the salon. I get how you would control yourself enough to ask her to leave but how on earth did you manage to continue to treat this women.

I cann't beleive this type of thing still goes on.

Sam xx

View attachment 15975

Omg how rude :( i would of told her to get out with half a pedi done or not!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

View attachment 15975

That's awful! But can I say if your son lived in the uk I would be asking for his number!

The nail spa was sooooo busy Saturday. All the clients were joking with me about asking my son out and my being their mother-in-law. We were having fun. And then this client just kills it. You could've heard a pin drop. Fortunately I finished her up in about 10 minutes. She told me to forget about the massage, hot towels and polish. She just left. It was better for both of us at that point.

The fact is, I live in the South and racism for some folks still runs deep. We don't see it too much anymore, but it does show it's ugly head on occasion.

If I see her out in public, I'll take a page out of Chickafish's book and punch her in the throat for talking trash about my precious little baby boy though. :wink2:

Just sayin'

Last edited:
Oh my days lol, I forgot about that commandment "thou shall not mix colours" :lol:

She clearly needs to take her bible back to the shop she got it from, cause it doesnt seem to read the same way mine does :green:

Latest posts

Back