Client's weird comment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nail spa was sooooo busy Saturday. All the clients were joking with me about asking my son out and my being their mother-in-law. We were having fun. And then this client just kills it. You could've heard a pin drop. Fortunately I finished her up in about 10 minutes. She told me to forget about the massage, hot towels and polish. She just left. It was better for both of us at that point.

The fact is, I live in the South and racism for some folks still runs deep. We don't see it too much anymore, but it does show it's ugly head on occasion.

If I see her out in public, I'll take a page out of Chickafish's book and punch her in the throat for talking trash about my precious little baby boy though. :wink2:

Just sayin'

That must of been so awkward, it's hard to believe People like that are still around!!! I really don't no how she could dare come out with a comment like that!
I bet you had to bite yr tongue x

This thread is soooooo on time!

Saturday my son came by the salon for a haircut and, as a dutiful son does, came in to give me a hug before heading out. I was doing a pedi on a new client and, up to that point, we had been having a great time.

After my son walked out, she asked me if Kellen was adopted to which I replied no. She then asked me his ethnicity. I didn't mind, it's 2012. He's mixed, I responded.

View attachment 15975

Her response to me? "You know you're going to hell and you've damned him to hell, too. Jesus don't believe in mixin' colors."

We didn't speak for the rest of the appointment.

Worst of all, she didn't leave me a tip. LOL

Hey Tammy if hell is filled with men as good looking as your son sign me up :)

That's awful! But can I say if your son lived in the uk I would be asking for his number!

haha i was going to say that and then I thought no I better not I dont know how she'd react :lol:

Well the others can all just back off. I'm mixed race, so I will be meeting your son in hell. Just hopes he like the older woman :D. I have never read anything so rude, how dare she say that to you.

Years ago when I first started I was doing the usual small talk with a new client, you know.... "Have you always lived round here, have you got children etc." The client looked me full in the face and sternly said "You ask a lot of questions don't you". I never said a word after that. Do you know what, I don't actually care I'm just making small talk to be polite. I was totally gobsmacked. If it happened now I would refuse to continue with the service and tell her to get out of my salon.

I take this comment now as a compliment to my business but at the time I could have punched her..

New spray tan client: oh I'm so glad I've come to you
Me: why's that?
Client: we'll everywhere else I go they are pretty and slim and make me feel fat and ugly
Me: OH... So are you saying I'm fat and ugly???
Client: (without even pausing to think) yes

Although now I spray about 60 clients a week I'm my salon and they all agree that being curvy (not fat lol) makes them feel less nervous!

I take this comment now as a compliment to my business but at the time I could have punched her..

New spray tan client: oh I'm so glad I've come to you
Me: why's that?
Client: we'll everywhere else I go they are pretty and slim and make me feel fat and ugly
Me: OH... So are you saying I'm fat and ugly???
Client: (without even pausing to think) yes

Although now I spray about 60 clients a week I'm my salon and they all agree that being curvy (not fat lol) makes them feel less nervous!

What makes this funny, is that the client probably didn't mean to say "yes" or for it to come out in a negative way.

I can just imagine what was going through her head after the word came out of her mouth! I bet she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her whole (I know I would lol).

Sam xx

The fact is, I live in the South and racism for some folks still runs deep. We don't see it too much anymore, but it does show it's ugly head on occasion.

Tammy,

I honestly can not beleive or even understand racism in this day and age (not that it was ever right in anyway!).

I don't care where you are or who you are, racism is wrong and those that beleive in it, are the ones that will go to any form of hell there maybe. No God or Jesus would condon such behaviour or way of thinking.

Maybe it's because I grew up in a mixed race area but I just don't get it and never have. Where I grew up, as a white person, I was in the minortiy and no one ever treated me any different. I did not even know what racism was until I was about 13 and was walking somewhere with my best friend, who's mum was white and who's dad was black. She had to explain it to me.

Sam xxx

Tammy,

I honestly can not beleive or even understand racism in this day and age (not that it was ever right in anyway!).

I don't care where you are or who you are, racism is wrong and those that beleive in it, are the ones that will go to any form of hell there maybe. No God or Jesus would condon such behaviour or way of thinking.

Maybe it's because I grew up in a mixed race area but I just don't get it and never have. Where I grew up, as a white person, I was in the minortiy and no one ever treated me any different. I did not even know what racism was until I was about 13 and was walking somewhere with my best friend, who's mum was white and who's dad was black. She had to explain it to me.

Sam xxx

I was raised like you, Sam, but I'm from mixed parentage. My dad is from Puerto Rico and my mom is a Native American Indian. We were taught not to see color...so I didn't.

Mixed race couples are pretty much the norm nowadays. Nobody really cares anymore. Why should they? That's why this lady's comments caught the entire nail spa off guard. Who thinks like this anymore?

Love is love and love is color blind.

This is very entertaining. Cant believe what some people say!
Did the person who "only ever pays £50" ever come back?
What was the lady who lobbed the £20 like at her appointment?
And Gr8Nailz, as ive offered before, Im about soon so if you need the swede dropped on anyone....;)
xx
p.s I reckon I can give up Eastenders with all this going on :)

And Gr8Nailz, as ive offered before, Im about soon so if you need the swede dropped on anyone....;)
xx

Haha I no!Who needs the tv,There is some right funny ones out there! X x

xx

People in the U.S. are rude. Ask Chickafish...she can tell y'all some stories. When they pay you, they think they can say whatever they feel.

And for the record..it was a $100 bill she threw at me. LOL

Blimey, it really makes you realise - the book (and the film) The Help was closer to fact than fiction unfortunately! :sad:

People in the U.S. are rude. Ask Chickafish...she can tell y'all some stories. When they pay you, they think they can say whatever they feel.

And for the record..it was a $100 bill she threw at me. LOL

In the uk we see Americans to be so nice and polite and can't do enough to help. Always cheery and "have a nice day"ing everyone. Suppose it's a lot different when you live there though.

In the uk we see Americans to be so nice and polite and can't do enough to help. Always cheery and "have a nice day"ing everyone. Suppose it's a lot different when you live there though.

We're on our best behavior. We don't want one of your bobby's to hit us with a stick.

The nail spa was sooooo busy Saturday. All the clients were joking with me about asking my son out and my being their mother-in-law. We were having fun. And then this client just kills it. You could've heard a pin drop. Fortunately I finished her up in about 10 minutes. She told me to forget about the massage, hot towels and polish. She just left. It was better for both of us at that point.

If I see her out in public, I'll take a page out of Chickafish's book and punch her in the throat for talking trash about my precious little baby boy though. :wink2:

Just sayin'

I'd have done a marvelous little nail art for her , a KKK hood with the burning flames of hell behind them.

Well done you for biting your tongue but when you get to punch her in the throat sometime next week, give her a good stomp on the foot from me while she is gasping for breath. Bigotted old moo, I grew up in a very rascist culture (Not my belief though) and cannot believe this still happens, My uncle had to leave the country and live in Malawi and Swazi land for years because coming home would mean prison for him and his wife as she is colored and mixed marraiges were illegal.

I think your boy is a gorgeous lad and you must be so proud of him

Last edited:
Okay...enough of the Debbie Downer.

This happened to two of my colleagues who performed a couples blueberry/chocolate pedicure. The couple really seemed very interested in the chocolate portion of the service. We have a nice secluded area with 2 pedi stations in the back of the nail spa....that's where this couple was.

When my colleagues reached the point of the service where they were to apply the chocolate mousse masque, the female client asked if it would be okay for her partner to lick the chocolate off her feet. :eek:

Okay...enough of the Debbie Downer.

This happened to two of my colleagues who performed a couples blueberry/chocolate pedicure. The couple really seemed very interested in the chocolate portion of the service. We have a nice secluded area with 2 pedi stations in the back of the nail spa....that's where this couple was.

When my colleagues reached the point of the service where they were to apply the chocolate mousse masque, the female client asked if it would be okay for her partner to lick the chocolate off her feet. :eek:

Can I make an appointment for the morning, can your lad be the one licking the chocolate, or I can lick the chocolate off his feet if he prefers:)

Oh dear I think it's time to go and settle myself down.

( You know I am only joking though . Just made me smile when I read that)

Jesus don't believe in mixin' colors."
Tammy, Me thinks mixin' colours is a done thing with 'him up there' cause if not the world would look an odd place in only primary colours ;)

Ewwwwwww:eek:

Latest posts

Back