Clients who turn up really early!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work from home and I had a lady literally messaged me whilst myself and my daughter were eating our dinner saying “ I am parked outside if you can see me now!” (She was 2hours 15 min early) I don’t mind a few minutes here and there but I was totally gobsmacked.
My God, I'd be gobsmacked too! What did you do?

The message was on Facebook so I didn’t open it until I had eaten and cleaned up. Then I said she could come in over 45min later [emoji85]

I work from home and I had a lady literally messaged me whilst myself and my daughter were eating our dinner saying “ I am parked outside if you can see me now!” (She was 2hours 15 min early) I don’t mind a few minutes here and there but I was totally gobsmacked.
That’s outrageous. For all she knows you could have been with someone for a 2hr relaxing appointment she was disturbing. Really really creepy that she sat outside your house for that long without an appointment even close to being there. *shiver*

[emoji85]

Just sat down with a cuppa at 4:30 and my 5:30 client is sitting outside [emoji85]

If they are going to come ridiculously early, my policy is that they can wait in their car

I’m looking at renting. I’d prefer to have my home as that. I’d prefer to be able to relax and enjoy my time off.

I’m looking at renting. I’d prefer to have my home as that. I’d prefer to be able to relax and enjoy my time off.
Oh that seems such a shame after you have got your lovely room just perfect. It would give you your house back and no clients knocking when they feel like it. They get to you sometimes don't they!

I have thought about it many times over the years and I like the convenience and freedom of not having to look after another premises. The quieter times would cause me worry and I'm not that brave.
Good luck in your search and keep us posted if you don't mind.
RosieR

Oh that seems such a shame after you have got your lovely room just perfect. It would give you your house back and no clients knocking when they feel like it. They get to you sometimes don't they!

I have thought about it many times over the years and I like the convenience and freedom of not having to look after another premises. The quieter times would cause me worry and I'm not that brave.
Good luck in your search and keep us posted if you don't mind.
RosieR

That’s kind of you, thank you. I do love my salon, it’s my happy place and I even hide in there to chill out when I’m not working lol.
Ive been following another nail tech on insta and she’s renovated an industrial unit. This was always what I’d thought would be a good option for me as there is parking right outside, plenty space, cheap lease and I don’t need high street footfall as I’ve built up regular clientele however hers is really an inspiration. I followed the transformation and it’s really motivated me.
Maybe one day....

So I was fully booked today and I had a new lady booked in at 12pm... I finished one client at 11.40 & decided to lock the door and take myself a quick 20min break for a bowl of cereal (lunch!) & get the room ready for my new lady at 12... I just sat down with my cornflakes & she starts rattling the front door!! I thought to myself “NO! She’s too early” and finished my lunch & then unlocked the door. Then at 11.50 she approached the door again & came in & said “was this door locked, i’ve been waiting in the car..?” I said “yep, I have to lock it to eat my lunch & i’ve only managed 10mins this time...” It went straight over her head! I don’t think she understands that she was 20mins early?!

We have a shed out the back of the shop for storage. Im quite often found hiding in the shed to escape :( xx

I had a dream last night about robbers rattling my door handle!!! It’s on the brain! Hah!

I had a dream last night about robbers rattling my door handle!!! It’s on the brain! Hah!

At least you’d hear them trying to get in [emoji23]

Latest posts

Back