Cling film with balayage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollie1985

Reaction score
Hi all forgive me for another balayage thread but can't seem to find the answer to this, Iv done an ombré technique before but not balayage so I'm attempting this tonight on a dolls head, my question is when doing the free hand in sections what do you put over the hair to protect it from the rest of the hair? Is it cling film ? As iv heard this mentioned? And if anyone does have any tips them please feel free xx

You can use clingfilm (although I haven't tried that technique!) I personally use foil, I just place the foil under the hair and paint onto it, but don't fold it and use another foil for the next section and so on xx

Il give that a try thanks xx

Hi all forgive me for another balayage thread but can't seem to find the answer to this, Iv done an ombré technique before but not balayage so I'm attempting this tonight on a dolls head, my question is when doing the free hand in sections what do you put over the hair to protect it from the rest of the hair? Is it cling film ? As iv heard this mentioned? And if anyone does have any tips them please feel free xx

Cling film is good so you can see where you are working, I have 'hair' cling film although if I'm honest not sure there is any difference between that and a decent catering climb film!!

I prefer cling film to foil for this as you can see how it's developing xxx

I'm actually in the middle of doing it just now, I didn't have any cling film so iv used some of my highlighting poly caps, will post a pic later for some criticism and advice as I don't think it's going to be great,iv got a toner on it just now and feel iv not done enough balayage but will see when it's all dry xx

Latest posts

Back