Clip in hair extensions advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail_316

Reaction score
Hi all
I have searched the forum already and have found some useful advice on clip in hair extensions but my question is quite specific so thought I should post.
I had half a head of weave hair extensions that were sewn onto my hair using braid tracks back in May last year. I loved them but it was so long the tracks ended up dropping and it drove me nuts so I had them removed!
I want to buy some clip in ones from ebay or a recommended place, there isnt much around near to where I live. The thing is I am having real trouble finding the right colour as half of my head is bleach blonde, what you can see on my picture above, but the hair underneath is my natural brown colour which is actually quite light but there is a few streaks of blonde in there as well but not loads. I am going to try and attach a picture that shows this when I was wearing my weave extensions so you can see what I mean in my profile, hope you dont mind looking at my profile :)
Any advice would be appreciated! The link below is to the ones I am thinking about buying from ebay, let me know if this is a good/bad idea! :green: 20" CLIP IN HUMAN HAIR EXTENSIONS,BROWN/ BLONDE (4/613) on eBay, also, Hair Extensions, Hair Care, Health Beauty (end time 20-Jan-09 10:58:19 GMT)
Thanks all
Gail
x

Last edited:
Sorry guys unable to add the link or add the pic still trying

i have bought some clip in hair extensions and i love them.i got my hairdresser to cut and blend them into my hair more so they look more natural as i think people often make the mistake of leaving them and they then look obvious that they are extensions.
i also have bleach blond hair and my hair is dark underneath so what i did was i actually bought 3 wefts all ever so slightly different colour blondes so i had the top one mathing my bleach blond and my bottom weft matching my darker hair underneath with a different blond in the middle.this made them match my hair very well without being obvious that they were extensions and with me looking like a blond barbie doll.
i bought mine from my local sallys but you can buy them direct from the website of the company who the wefts are made by.they are called dream hair and there website is www.hair-heaven.com they have so many different colours to choose from that you should easily find colours to match your hair.you'll also find more info.
do you have a sallys wholesalers near you? as you could go a try the colour ring they have to help you match your colour.
they are fab hair as you can colour and starighten them etc.. and are a bargain.xx

Hi, this is the site I have bought from, they are good on deliveries
www.hairextensionsnow.com
But, I have now bought about 5 sets over 2 years, the human hair (be careful, they can advertise as human, but I don't think they always are) are great for a month or two, but then the hair starts matting and tangling during the day...i used mine daily...

the good thing is they are very kind to the hair, oh and yeah, I have dark brown hair underneath and dyed blonde on top...so i have bought the blondes and the darks, the darks work better
and like tracey said, always get someone to cut the hair to blend in with yours...can you believe that I have had TWO qualified hairdressers ruin my extensions, so from then on I cut them myself just by 'chopping' into the lengths until I like the look HTH XxxX

ps....couldn't work out how to send a website link !

I would recomend headkandy,email them a pic and they will advise on colour,they sell full packs and individual wefts,both of wich are very generous and exellent quality hth's

I would recomend headkandy,email them a pic and they will advise on colour,they sell full women's hair clips and individual wefts ,both of wich are very generous and exellent quality hth's

hairextensionsnow is not a bad choice, I often used with them. Fast delivery and considerate service.

well, i must say that fashion is all time favorite and this can't be ignored in any time. I am here to get some fashion tips by the professionalize.

Latest posts

Back