Clip in hair extensions, Are they any good!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri

Reaction score
Can anyone help me please!

My daughter would like hair extensions for Xmas (the clip in kind that she can do herself) but I am not sure whether I am prepared to pay for them as she doesn't really know what she's doing. She would tell me she does though.

I did originally promise them to her, but I am thinking maybe it would be better if I paid for them to be put in professionally for her birthday, which is in a few months time. I have already brought her most of her Xmas prezzies.

Does anybody know if clip-ins are any good? Are they worth the money? Do they have to be cut into shape once they have been put in?

I have a feeling that if I buy them after a while they will get left on the bedroom floor like the rest of her stuff and they will be a waste of money. I've told her that I would ask you guys first but she really does have her heart set on them.

Thanks! Teri x

I really want some of these too. My sister in law wears them and they look fab. If you get real hair ones and you have a hair dresser that will work with them you can have them cut and coloured to match in with the natural hair.

Thumbs up from me , i have some and i love them . They r g8t if you r always wanting to change ur hair ... like me lol... they come in different widths or can be cut to fit your head ... love them . I have has several sets of hair extentions and they are expensive these r g8t xx

I recently bought some for my mum cos she wanted some 'hair' to swish about at a coming xmas party she has been invited to and cant get the real hair ones where she lives in lanzarote.. (and shes a hairdresser herself!)

Have a peek here.. I got the blonde, AND honey blonde so she could mix and match to look more natural.
They arrived last week and she absolutely loves them!!
Good seller too, friendly and arrived very quickly!

eBay.co.uk: 6 CLIP IN HUMAN HAIR EXTENSIONS STREAKS BLONDE 613 20" (item 330040049120 end time 19-Oct-06 23:05:32 BST)

My hairdresser said that for people who want to do there own and not pay the mega bucks to have them done in a salon they are great cos they don't damage your hair at all....(i am sure having them done professionally doesn't either but doing them yourself with glue and stuff can).....i have seen lots of women in my village and they are doing each others....they all sit on the floor in a row like they are doing the oops us side your head dance...:lol: ....thing is they have no experience and have ended up with bald patches....they would be better off using these clip on one. x

clip in ones are brill, i bought mine from ebay, cost £35, I didnt need them cut but obviously everyones hair is different.

When you say you would pay for her to have them done in a salon do u mean strip ones or weaved ones or mirco bonded?? Strip ones dont last, weaved ones last a month or so on european hair and mirco bonded ones take alot of looking after. If i was you, buy the clip ones and see how she goes, they can be washed and straightened just like normal hair.

I used to work with hair dressers and had mirco bonded ones and i think my hair has been damaged by them.

xx

Hi ya

I have the Gloss clip extensions from Vani-t.... 100% human hair.
I go between reds/browns n lighter sometimes. The colour ring/selector has a choice for all my hair moods. I love em.

XX J XX

My daughter bought some for herself from the market for £5.99 obviously only nylon i laughed but to be honest when she had them in they were an excellent colour match and you couldnt see the clips i was impressed they wont last long but if these can look good i should imagine the more expensive ones would be very realistic.

Well, its' a definite YES then, Oh she will be pleased with all you geeks!

Thankyou sooo much for taking the time to get back to me, I was in a bit of a dilemna but its' all sorted i think now.

Teri x:hug:

ive got the real human hair ones and i love them.there 1 of the best things ive ever bought.my friend is my hairdresser so she cut them 4 me which made them look more natural as they were quite long and the ends werent that good.they look great now.her mother in-law has just bought some.i got mine from my local sallys hair & beauty.i paid £34 for a full head.which i thought woz quite cheap. or u can go 2 www.hair-heaven.com.just ask if u want 2 know anything else.good luck.xxxxxxxx

Ive got some and i love them...they were from additional lengths £50, the colour match is fab and you really cant tell at all.:Kissing:

I have really thick hair but thanks to a good hairdresser, he's managed to thin it out loads.

With my hair up in a ponytail now its about an inch accross. The ebay seller mentioned before sells them in 6 packs. Do you think this would be enough? Its got really short layers in the style if this helps!

Thanks! x x x

Also how do you go about putting them in? In which section of your hair and stuff.

Can you curl them and everything?

Thanks geeks x x x

Also how do you go about putting them in? In which section of your hair and stuff.

Can you curl them and everything?

Thanks geeks x x x

Ive got layered hair, so i only use 2 rows for the back...i section it off, backcomb root then clip thm in, then do second layer...they are really easy, and once in dont come out either. I have curled mine and straightened them as they are human hair, when they get a bit stinky i wash them in a mild shampoo and let then air dry.

If i wanted to i could have curled mine, i straightened them. I dunno about thick hair though, maybe pop into a hair dressers and say u want weave or strip extensions and ask how much you would need etc, might give u a rough idea.

Latest posts

Back