Clip In Hair Extensions.... West Yorkshire?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephanie dee

Reaction score
Hi! First thread, wo!

I am looking to get some clip in hair extensions, but I really dont want to buy them on the internet, I have blonde hair with about 3 different shades of blonde highlighted through it (so getting an exact colour off the net would be difficult)

Does anyone know of any hair extension shops in or around the West Yorkshire area? Or even salons that do them... or somewhere where I can go and buy them, try them against my hair kinda thing, be shown how to use them...

I so want long hair, its driving me crazy! Thanks in advance guys! xx

hiya where abouts are you?
i noticed that extras in wakefield do them in the shop.

I'm in Halifax, but I dont mind going anywhere in West Yorkshire (that public transport allows!)

Could you tell me a little more about that Extras?

There's an African hairdressers just outside the indoor market in Leeds (if that makes sense) - they sell them and think th eprices are decent too, also they have them somewhere in the indoor market - think with both these places you may have to buy the clips separately. Or if you fancy a trip to York, my daughter has just bought some from the market here - they're really nice and have clips on and are ready cut. xx

If you go to the white rose shopping centre in leeds there is a stall in there that sells them and puts them in your hair for you so you can see what they look like, you can also get them from sallys wholesalers in bradford or leeds, hth :hug:

Got mine from Leeds market very good match but I also know that they sell them in extras shops, it is like a make up and accesory shop. Please excuse my spelling it is poor at the momment. Also most hair and beauty shops there is one in Leeds on Roundhay Road it has walls just full of hair...

Hmm... that leeds one sounds good, or the Sally's.... is it Sallys Hair and Beauty? Is there a webpage, I think I have found the US one....

Thanks guys, you are all great!

BTW where is Leeds Market? I dont know Leeds very well, only the very middle of the City Center... and where is Extra's shop?

Thank you!

hi ,

Sally's sell the clip in's they sell all different colours and mixed colours too, they are about £14 a packet, they are 18 incs long but can be cut and are human hair, when i used to wear them i only used 2 packets but my hair is long now so i only really use 1 packet to thicken it up when i go out. Most people use 2 to 3 packets. I work part time at Sallys in bradford (when im not at the salon) so pop in and see me. Or there is a Sally's in Halifax (on pellon lane, near the industeral sites). hope this helps.

If you get a bus to leeds bus station the market is right next to it:hug:

Extras is a shop in the ridings shopping centre that sells makeup and jewellery etc they also do hair extension , and now the charge to put them in for you in the shop i dont know how much they charge to do this.
Alot of people in my area have gone there to buy the extensions then got one of their friends to put them in and they look really nice.

• hi ive had several clipon hair, the best ones i got were made by rachel welch ,real hair that you can coulor to your match ,i got mine from selfridges in manchester ,you should try the nearest to you and see if they stock them ,they were very help full and they match you up and show you how to put them in, hope that is some help to you x donna

sorry, spellings terrible just read that back.

The one in Leeds is on a street just of the main shopping street (BRiggate, Topshop, envy are are on this street)If you turn at the carphone warehouse it is down there...

Thanks so much guys!

From what I've heard about the Sally's clip ins is that they look really great at first then the dry out and get really really matted and you can't do anything with them after that as they have a silicone coating on them that once washed leaves the hair really frizzy!

Extras is a shop in the ridings shopping centre that sells makeup and jewellery etc they also do hair extension , and now the charge to put them in for you in the shop i dont know how much they charge to do this.
Alot of people in my area have gone there to buy the extensions then got one of their friends to put them in and they look really nice.

As andrea said above, they are easy to put in, my sister put some in for her next door neighbour.
They have quite a selection in extra's, also Dennis Williams hair & beauty warehouse do extensions as well which can be semi permanent or just for a day or 2 use hth :hug:

Edited to say ...you need a business card for dennis williams

i could make you some up and sell you some if you would like..? :green:

I bought clip in extensions from Sally's and I have to say they are fab, really good quality too and only £15 each. They do offers on them quite a lot though, 3 for £30, so its worth giving your nearest Sally's a ring and finding out when their next offer is on. I have friends/clients who pay £400 for their extensions, and they thought I had too! My friend who has her own salon cut them into my style and they look so natural. They really are good value!

As andrea said above, they are easy to put in, my sister put some in for her next door neighbour.
They have quite a selection in extra's, also Dennis Williams hair & beauty warehouse do extensions as well which can be semi permanent or just for a day or 2 use hth :hug:

Edited to say ...you need a business card for dennis williams
I just contacted dennis Williams and they don’t really do them anymore. Everything was out of stock, even online, and a lady at the store said they’re no longer invested in selling them because there are so many sellers online now. I said that we still value stores like theirs because a lot of online retailers sell synthetic hair and label it human hair.

Latest posts

Back