Clocks Going Back this weekend!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spray 2 Go

Independent Geek!
Reaction score
As we head for winter time the nights are drawing in on us especially as the clocks go back this weekend. Personally I don't like to getting dark too early and feel the day is cut short.

I often wonder why the clocks jump back and forth during the year and found an article which made interesting reading British Summer Time (BST) : Time & timekeeping : Fact files : Learning : NMM

One thing about teenagers, is that they appreciate the clocks going back and having and extra hour in bed is heaven, but I do remember when they were young, they didn't understand the concept of having an extra hour lay in!

Has anyone had times when they have forgotten to change their clocks?

Mandy

Clocks going forwards this weekend :lol:

Clocks going forwards this weekend :lol:

He he....Spring forward, Fall back!!! that's how I remember which is which, after once being 2 hours early for work one October Sunday!!!!:zzz:

What an interesting article, glad you reminded me! x

I think it would be a good idea for Europe to follow the USA's lead and change the date to the first Sunday in November, they're starting it from this year to allow better light for kiddies who go Trick or Treating.

Oh hells bells, now I'm confused. I'm alright with the time here (sort of) but its when I ring fellow geeks abroad I come unstuck, especially late at night when I've had a glass of lemonade and feel quite chatty:lol:

I think it would be a good idea for Europe to follow the USA's lead and change the date to the first Sunday in November, they're starting it from this year to allow better light for kiddies who go Trick or Treating.

Yep and Canada are following suit too so we will be 8 hours behind you guys for a few days!

No disrespect to farmers, BUT LEAVE THE BLOODY CLOCKS ALONE! :irked::lol:

We never put our clocks (apart from the alarm) back and forward for at least a fortnight normally so last year I thought right I'm going to go round and put them all to the right time first thing. Unfortuantely so did my partner, so we were an extra hour behind:irked: It took me til about 4pm (or was it really 5pm:lol:) to work it out why nothing on the telly was starting when it should.:lol:

i was gonna put a thread up asking if the clocks went back THIS weekend so thanks for the reminder!!!!! last year i forgot and ended up at tesco 9 in the morning on a sunday to do a shop!!!!!xx

Heaven a lie in !

Over here in AUS, one of our states doesn't do daylight savings (and it's the beachy state) Queensland, the premier of this state once said (he was quite eccentric) "we don't want it because it will fade the curtains" ....... Thats Queenslanders for ya.

AS far as farmers are concerned, they get up later and finish later, they would normally get up earlier and finish earlier.

People can be such idiots at times.

Latest posts

Back