Clogged Brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza1981

Reaction score
Evening geeks :)

Just did a search but couldn't find anything (prob tryping in the wrong thing) :eek:

Anyway just a quickie, My brush keeps getting acrylic clogged with acrylic. Is there a reason for this and if so how do I stop it from happening.

Also I am using an NSI baby grand brush but finding it hard to not to touch the side wall, Would I be better off getting a smaller brush or will this come with practise?

Thanks peeps, half term at the mo and have so many questions :confused:

Your more than likely working too wet hun, and possibly using the wrong brush angle and forcing acrylic into the brush. I prefer smaller brushes but its down to personal preference.. have just started using an Oval #8 and all thou it feels flimsy compaired to a Round #8 it cuts a GORGEOUS smile and I am getting used to it.

Hi,
Also make sure when you have finished your product application, that you then run it through the liquid again making sure that you remove any residue of product and then wipe your brush clean on lint free pads.

Personally I would use a smaller brush too until you just product control right! hths
:)

You are working too wet hun,
you can clean your brush by soaking it over night in clean monomer, put some blue tack on the wall to hold your brush upright and submerge in a dappen dish with the clean monomer, put some tin foil over the dappen dish to restrict the vapours escaping

Hiya, you'll be working at an incorrect ratio, whether it be too wet or too dry, both scenarios can clog your brush....

with the sidewall thing......it isn't the brush per say, but how you use it and more importantly, your ratio and how you control your product......why go on to a smaller brush when, as you move on to a bigger brush you will have to learn the capacity of your brush all over again?

Once you get your ratio right, you will be able to control your product regardless of the size of brush.

Thanks all :) I will try all of the above :hug:

Latest posts

Back