Clogged up nail art paints !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marlise

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently (about 2 months ago) bought some nail are stripers / dotters and they have all clogged up !

I have tried soaking the nozzles in boiling water to try and soften the nail art paint, but to no avail.

I don't have anything thin enough to stick down the nozzle to try and clean it and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do.

I don't use them on a regular basis, so is there anything I could do to prevent this from happening again ?

Marlise

Try a pin or if that's too thick then a needle (a fine one)... that should do the trick.

With mine i got a tiny pin thing attached under the bottle to unclogg them, it just fits to the underside of the bottle check if u have one, hth

With mine i got a tiny pin thing attached under the bottle to unclogg them, it just fits to the underside of the bottle check if u have one, hth

Ditto but i have also used a very very fine needle (usually smallest in a multi pack of needles) and this is also an effective way of unclogging the nozle.:green:

the clogging is one of the reasons i recomend using a regular acrylic paint instead. there is nothing you can do with a nail art pen that cant be done just as easily with acrylic paint, a cocktail stick and a thin brush. and it works out cheaper too.:green:

I used to use these myself, but have found they do clog so easily and quickly. I keep to my acrylic paints now as i can always thin them with a little water. My daughter now owns my nail art pens, so she gets to use them now.:)

Thanks for all the advice.

Checked the bottom of the pens and no needle. :irked:

Went a got a multi pack of sewing needles and tried the thinnest one in the pack, but was still too big by miles, even bigger :irked::irked::irked:

So now I'm stuck with a brand new set of pens that are pretty much useless !

To be honest, I don't use the striper bit, but only the nozzle for some dotting and making swirling patterns which I find much easier to do with the nozzle than with my brushes.

Anything else I could try ?

Thanks

Marlise

Try some thin wire from a fishing shop or DIY store, its quite ridged but very thin! I have probably got the same pens as you and tbh they are a pain in the bum, forever clogging up!! I got some wire and its worked wonders!

You could try a beading needle, very long and thin, probably have to visit a craft/sewing shop though. If you ever manage to unclog them try storing them upside down.

HTH

Leslie

You could try a beading needle, very long and thin, probably have to visit a craft/sewing shop though. If you ever manage to unclog them try storing them upside down.

HTH

Leslie

Do you mean nozzle side down ?

Marlise

Yes, you may have to keep them in a jar or something similar so they don't fall over.

Leslie

Yes, you may have to keep them in a jar or something similar so they don't fall over.

Leslie

Thanks for the tip Leslie. Will try and see how it goes.

Now ....... to get wire and get those babies open again :lol:

Marlise

you could use a little bit of fuse wire to unblock.
are they polish based or water based ?

if you want to do swirly designs and you cant unbung your nozzles, try using the end of a cocktail stick dipped in a bit of paint, it works really well.

send me your address by private massage and i will post you one of the unblocking thingys on the bottom of my art pens. x

Latest posts

Back