Close Up Photos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
How do you all manage to get such clear, crisp, close up photos of your nails? Mine always come out rubbish. I'm using a Sony DSC P10 Cyber Shot digi camera, so it's not a pile of poo.

Probably a case of bad workman blaming tools.

I think I could do better with my son's Barney camera!!!

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks

i had one of the sony ones bfor and could never get really good close up shots......im sure there is something in the manual that tells u how to do it!!!!
i was too lazy to read and just got a new one lol!!

Just found the book so hope to suss it soon!!!

That's very bourgeois of you diesel, can't find the book so I'll bin it and get a new one..LOL!!

try taking your pics at an angle as it help to cut down on the glare of the flash making your pics too bright :)

stanleyann

Hi

Have you got the MACRO lens on? I was having the same problem until I was told this lens needs to be on. I think it should be in the menu options and it gives you the option to have it 'on' or 'off'. Makes a massive difference to the pics when it's on - they come out REALLY clear!

When you use your Macro option it is best to stand away form the nail and then zoom into it.................make sure you hold the camera perfectly still, I use a tripod for this........the smallest movement can cause blurring............

HTH

I found with my digital camera, as Ruth said there is a macro option, (close up) In the manual you just look for close up then there should be a button which means it really zooms in so you get a close up with out being blurry. My button is specifically for shots taken from 5cm away up to 30cm so real close. Also i find i don't usually need the flash either if you are near the window so you don't get the glare. HTH's

With my digi I seem to have problems when using the flash & macro together. Flash seems to 'wipe out' everything ... hence all my pics taken outside :rolleyes: ... any ideas anyone?
Apart from that I love it, though I agree .. glare with shiny new nails is often a problem!

Well, professional photographers genaerally use a light sourse that incides from a diferent angle that the lenses. Or a difusor. If you use a reflex camera with a atachable flash, turn the flash slitly upwards, and use a difusor if you have one. If you use a digital or regular camera with attached flash i think it might be better to get a lamp in a 45º angle to the subject you are shooting, then turn the flah off. If you have a macro option, even better, but be sure to read in your manual how far should you be at least (mine is 0,5meters) don't stand too close or your camera won't be able to focus, it's preferable to zoom in to get a close up from that point. To avoid fuzzyness of the picture you might want to secure the position of your camera, if you don't have a tripod don't worry, almost everything will do. I sometimes use a bag of rice underneath the camera. Then hold your breath for a second, press and voilá! Your should have a beautiful close up of your even more beautifull recently created nails!

Thanks for all the help guys, now that I've found the book, the macro option and all your tips, I hope to have greater success with my pics. XX

Latest posts

Back