Closing - would you advertise this on your Facebook?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparklesLeah

MsTaylor&Co
Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents

I am closing my salon.

Would you advertise this on Facebook for clients who drop in and out on an occasional basis or just tell your regular clients when they are next in the salon?

Any advice appreciated as it’s not been an easy decision. I am just not making any money for myself as rent is too high for my area, landlord won’t negotiate so I feel I have no choice.

I won’t be moving to another shop / room to rent either so I don’t know what to say to people xx

Last edited:
Before you announce the closure of your current business, decide what you will be doing next - mobile, work from home, teaching beauty, going employed at another salon etc. If you give your clients a definite plan then it won't be so tough.
No need to tell clients until a month before you finish.
It may well be that you change to doing beauty somewhere else, employed or self employed, so don't lose your client base. If you tell them you are finishing they will find someone else and 3 months down the line they won't come back to you if you start up again.

Perhaps find an employed salon job, you have experience and a good range of treatments. Self-employment is not for anyone.
Have you asked your current landlord if there is any possibility of being employed there?

hi and thanks for your response. It’s only myself who works there & I pay my landlord rent each month. He has nothing to do with the business x

Hi SparklesLeah - where about are you?

Good morning I am in Scotland (Inverurie).

OOh lovely :) I was going to say I am looking for stylists but I am in the midlands - bit too far to drive lol. Have you looked into going self-employed in a salon? if you got a client base, you are already in a great position :)

I have a big problem with people cancelling last minute and also not showing up. I am so fed up of it tbh as clients are nightmares (some of them) x

Hi, sorry to hear this. I think advertising on Facebook is a good idea as there probably clients that follow your business's page so they will be notified. Also, if you have your client's emails, I would also recommend emailing them, but if not Facebook should be adequate. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back