Cloud 9 advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilypie

Reaction score
Hi all, just popped over from Nail and Skin boards, apologies if this should be in consumer queries

I've just bought the wide plate cloud 9 straighteners and taken them out the box. When I hold the straighteners closed, the plates are flush together at the tips but there is a slight gap towards the middle of the plates. Is this normal? I thought they should sit completely flat?

I'm aware this is probably a really stupid question but I've done a search and can't find the answer. Also don't want to use them if I need to return them.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, it's not a stupid at all, but yes, the plates should sit flush, no gaps.
If you have gaps, you will get uneven heat and the hair will stretch and eventually snap where they do sit flush on one end.

Do that them back and explaine what's wrong, also ask to check the next plates while you're in the shop :) x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Am not sure about cloud 9 but GHDs have a small gap between the plates. This is so the hair doesn't overheat and you don't get drag which is damaging. In fact the eclipse don't close together at all.

I bought them direct from cloud 9 as no stockists near me so will give them a call in the morning, thanks to you both

Hi I've just noticed mine are the same what was your outcome? Is this normal?

Hi I've just noticed mine are the same what was your outcome? Is this normal?

They swapped them for me and the new pair now sit flush together. It was only a small gap to be honest bit still wasn't how they should be

Latest posts

Back