Cluster lashes used to fill big gaps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen889

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently taking an eyelash extension course and when we were watching a demo today from our tutor she was using cluster lashes as a way to "full big gaps" in the lash line (basically where a clients natural lashes where sparse. I was a bit confused as I always read on here that cluster lashes are party lashes and are not meant to be worn for weeks on end. That there just weekend lashes for a couple of days but she was telling us that you could mix both cluster and single lashes to create the perfect lash line. Is this true?? I didn't want to say anything in class as the teacher is a family friend and my mentor :s

Surely this would damage the natural lashes if worn for an extended period?!

Hi everyone,

I'm currently taking an eyelash extension course and when we were watching a demo today from our tutor she was using cluster lashes as a way to "full big gaps" in the lash line (basically where a clients natural lashes where sparse. I was a bit confused as I always read on here that cluster lashes are party lashes and are not meant to be worn for weeks on end. That there just weekend lashes for a couple of days but she was telling us that you could mix both cluster and single lashes to create the perfect lash line. Is this true?? I didn't want to say anything in class as the teacher is a family friend and my mentor :s

Surely this would damage the natural lashes if worn for an extended period?!

In my personal opinion this is a complete NO NO :D

You need to have strong healthy lashes initially to be able to carry cluster lashes, so the idea of using them on weak, sparse, frail lashes seems an odd concept to me.

You are correct in your understanding that cluster lashes are, weekend, occational, at the most a week, lashes, they should be applied with a different glue to the semi permanent lash glue.

There are other techniques that can be used where clients have sparse lashes or gaps in their lash lines, bridging gaps is one option, this is an advanced technique and I would advise you to master the initial aspects of semi permanent eyelash extensions before moving on.

For all I know, they may have come up with an innovative, feather light cluster lash, specifically designed for gaps and sparse lashes at your college, but my gut reaction is No, they are teaching you wrong. :(

Are you sure it wasn't a y shaped lash? They are used to fill gaps?

Are you sure it wasn't a y shaped lash? They are used to fill gaps?

Pretty sure, it had one bulb and three lashes coming out from it. Definitely a cluster

In my personal opinion this is a complete NO NO :D

You need to have strong healthy lashes initially to be able to carry cluster lashes, so the idea of using them on weak, sparse, frail lashes seems an odd concept to me.

You are correct in your understanding that cluster lashes are, weekend, occational, at the most a week, lashes, they should be applied with a different glue to the semi permanent lash glue.

There are other techniques that can be used where clients have sparse lashes or gaps in their lash lines, bridging gaps is one option, this is an advanced technique and I would advise you to master the initial aspects of semi permanent eyelash extensions before moving on.

For all I know, they may have come up with an innovative, feather light cluster lash, specifically designed for gaps and sparse lashes at your college, but my gut reaction is No, they are teaching you wrong. :(

Ah ok that's what I thought. Everything else is super about the course just this was an alarm bell in my head :p

what course where u on, i have done SP, and express. i done express with glam lash and tbh was sooooo pointless really thought training was bad, i then went with my boss to do express lashes with abx and there express training was excellent they showed u diff looks ie using there bespoke flares,points and pieces as well as single. so maybe u were doing an express course??? in which case you remove express lashes in 2 weeks time with no damage to the natural lash xx

Latest posts

Back