CND acrylic application help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TashTurps

Reaction score
I would be very greatful if anybody could suggest any videos and tips with the use of CND liquid and powder. There is not much on YouTube using this brand. I have been doing acrylics for 10 months now and still struggling with getting a neat flush application where the nails looks smooth and not too thick or thin. I am spending a lot of time buffing them over as there are bumps and the cuticle area is not flush enough therefore my polish or shellac after does not sit well. Just want to get better as it’s getting me down at work.
:(

It's not uncommon to 'go backwards' in application skills in the first year or so, it's actually as you become more skilled and experienced you start 'seeing' flaws in your work more clearly. I eould suggest contacting your CND tutor, they'll be able to assist. Ongoing support is part of your training with them

I qualified at college but the training was brief. and it’s only till i have started this job I am in now that I am facing acrylics regularly , I have had experienced nail techs help me in training however I am still struggling and feel a pain to ask for more help, they think I’m being too hard on myself and I’m not that bad but I want to feel good about what I do and I want to be happy with my work. I have contemplated going to have a further training nail course.

I have contemplated going to have a further training nail course.

Probably the best thing you could do for your career, everyone is learning everyday, you can never be too educated

Thank you . How long have you been doing acrylics for and how long did it take you to feel comfortable and happy in what you’re achieving?

Check out young nails videos on YouTube. He has videos specifically for this issue

Thank you . How long have you been doing acrylics for and how long did it take you to feel comfortable and happy in what you’re achieving?

15 years in, CND trained from day 1, currently using CJP, and probably 2 years before i was completely comfortable and confident when a client sat at the table. Still learning everyday though :D

I don't do many clients as I do nails part time, and it took me a good year and a half to feel confident and like "I got this" even applying L&P to myself without wanting to toss my brush across the room. It's a very hard skill to master and everyone learns differently and at different speeds.

There are loads of really good videos on youtube as mentioned above, but you also need to train your muscle memory. What I found worked really well for me, was to do a single nail at a time on myself that I could then spend time staring at and come up with areas I needed to focus on for the next nail. That way I didn't do a full set of bad nails in one go and I could focus on single areas and actually see my improvement across 10 nails and compare them as I went along, which really worked a treat for me.

Latest posts

Back