CND Additives advice for a beginner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiggs81

Reaction score
Morning Geeks
I am a complete additive virgin - If you could only purcahse 2 pigments which would you go for? which ones give you most flexibility to create new colours or is this better achieved with layering? I have quite a wide range of colours but am rather limited with blues; only have midnight swim. Also, can anyone advise which kind of effect spectrum shimmer gives?

Thank you

This is a really tough question! I have them all and don't think I could choose just 2 as I use & love the majority of them, lol!

Spectrum Shimmer has small particles and large particles of mica - great for Galaxy Nails.

xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree with above post I have almost all and would hate to choose. I guess it depends on your client base and what colours you want to achieve

Gosh that's a hard one, I've got them all and love them all. Can you really only stretch to 2?

I'd advise buying the limited edition Charmed collection or Forbidden collection if you can afford to because once they've gone, they've gone.

If not then because you want more blues I'd suggest cerulean blue. Pink gold sparkle and green gold sparkle are always really popular with my clients.

I hope that helps a little bit xx

I would definitely try to get the Xmas collection they are gorgeous! If I had to choose just 2 I'd go for pink gold and yellow

Gosh that's a hard one, I've got them all and love them all. Can you really only stretch to 2?

I'd advise buying the limited edition Charmed collection or Forbidden collection if you can afford to because once they've gone, they've gone.

If not then because you want more blues I'd suggest cerulean blue. Pink gold sparkle and green gold sparkle are always really popular with my clients.

I hope that helps a little bit xx

If I may ask, what are the best shellac colour combinations with cerulean blue?

If I may ask, what are the best shellac colour combinations with cerulean blue?

I use it a lot of cream puff but it looks lovely over hotski and Blackpool too x

Personally I would either buy the xmas collection or buy the forbidden silver box that way you will have a nice range of colours. I personally would never be able to pick 2 out, I have every additive that have every been released and use all of them frequently in the salon. x

Is the Christmas collection 'Charmed'? xx

Yes that's the one. I love the blush one in that collection, it's been really popular, and the icicles one. I also use a lot of violet pearl and pink gold.

Yes that's the one, they are gorgeous but for the life of me I always end up calling one blush blonde frost instead of blush bronze frost lol xxx

Then there is me who doesn't use any of the additives! Perhaps yellow, but no others! Sprectrum I didn't like at all but I think that also is why I dislike zillionaire. I don't particularly like the big pieces and its never even from nail to nail. My personal preference of course and obviously not the same for others!

Perhaps people with photos of the additives being used would be helpful with making your decision and also perhaps inspire others.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383134981.701631.jpg these are the charmed collection

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383135038.243040.jpg and this is pink gold sparkle over fedora

Hi sorry for crashing this thread! I'm a newbie to nails and additives. I use gelish and would like to start using additives too. My question is what additives should I go for? I've seen the cnd ones but on a lot of threads it says not to mix systems, so is it ok in this case? Xxx

Hi sorry for crashing this thread! I'm a newbie to nails and additives. I use gelish and would like to start using additives too. My question is what additives should I go for? I've seen the cnd ones but on a lot of threads it says not to mix systems, so is it ok in this case? Xxx

Absolutely yes, you can use CND additives with any system as additives are not part of any system (as the word explains itself) Make sure to keep the right ratio - no more than 30% additives mixing in your products.

I love additives but i only put on a really tiny amount but the additive is still wearing away a little from the free edge.

I've even tried structure gel over the top (I use gelish), but to no avail. :sad:

Can a mix a tiny sprinkle of additive in with the top coat or even the last colour coat on a thumb pallet and apply like that?

Any help would be great as i dont want to give up on additives. xxx

Latest posts

Back