CND Additives advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowsbeauty

Reaction score
I'm looking to get my 1st set of additives, I'm so spoilt for choice!!

Is this a better way to create rockstar or just a shimmer??

Will it change the whole colour of a nail when used?

A lot of my clients love super glittery nails, any tips on best additives to use or am I better with an ice vapor coat on top of colour?

Sorry for all the questions ... I'm excited [emoji39][emoji39]

My 2 favorites are sizzling sand and dream Lilly! Both came in a set though (not the same) and I think may have been limited addition!
Dream Lilly is really glittery pink rockstar and sizzling sand is amazing over absolutely any colour it makes it glittery sparkly shimmery [emoji7] X

Here is sizzling sand ... With field fox
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462143248.825554.jpg

With a purple (can't remember for the life of me the name!!)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462143297.558770.jpg

Dream Lilly over field fox
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462143315.376716.jpg

Dream Lilly over one of the very light pinks
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462143340.828359.jpg

Definatly my 2 favorites xx

Wow I'm loving dream lily!!! Thank you so much. I'll get hunting for it x

I'm sure that one of the new Lecente glitters called Waterfall is a good replacement for Dream Lily. If not, there's an Artiglio glitter called Lola which is exactly the same colour as Dream Liky but slightly larger glitter pieces. I only mention it as the new additives come in teeny tiny pots so you'll get a lot more for your money buying a glitter dupe.

Sizzling sands comes in a bigger pot and mines lasted me ages so if I were going to buy an additive set, that's the one I'd go for x

I have lots of glitters but they all seem too big of a Particle and don't look as nice.

If there are alternative colours the same size as the additives I'd go for that [emoji4]

Ok I'll search for lecente in waterfall X

Thank you

Ps where do you get yours from ? Do you have a link

Just looked online and can't see a link for that colour [emoji45]

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462177493.298649.jpg

I know what you mean. Just for your info, this is the colour match - Dream Lily on the right.

Waterfall is definitely finer pieces. You need to give it a good shake before you use it x

It's gorgeous!!! I can use this over any colour without turning it purpley can't I?

Sorry I'm new to all this lol

Desert chameleon is a lovely additive. I've used it here as a fade over Blackpool.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462195839.469067.jpg

I've also got dream lily-very popular and no it doesn't turn colours underneath purpley.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462195960.894340.jpg

Also have the blue additive (can't remember the name) used on my little finger as a fade here and all over midnight swim on my middle finger.
For my thumb I had mixed some additives to make purple.
Index finger here is desert chameleon over red baroness (I think) excuse the wear on the end these had been on a few days!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462196019.891328.jpg

Very nice [emoji7]
I'm really loving that dream lilly, I [emoji175] the glitter effect as the others look shimmery which is also lovely ... Think I'm a glitter girly tho [emoji106]

How much extra on top of a natural nail shellac would you add for additives?? X

I do glitter/additives/powders for 20p per nail, most people have all nails so it's £2 for all nails then.
I think prices are different everywhere though, I've seen a post on a Fb group recently about how much people charge for this. Some people are charging £1-£2 per nail I believe.
I don't find it takes extra time really but some glitters and additives are expensive so Definately charge for whatever you use!
Put up some pics of your creations once you've got them!xx

I definitely will post some pictures I really want to get into the arty side of nails but the client base I have at the moment prefer plain polishes or glitters in practicing on Swarovski at the moment testing how long they last! Here's my nails this week [emoji7]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462198953.910255.jpg

I'm now trying to find somewhere that stocks water lily additives ....
Is it part of a collection? I can't find it!

Ignore me!! Blonde moment it's dream lily lol

Dream lily was part of a collection. Can't remember which one though sorry!

Has anyone got any pictures of ombré or baby boomers created with additives? Xx

Latest posts

Back