CND Additives-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalie1114

Reaction score
Hi,

I like some of the additives as a block colour, ie yellow, however EVER LY SINGLE TIME i do it on clients it cracks.... what am i doing wrong.

I prep the nail perfectly, base coat, 2coats of cream puff and then burnish the colour into the sticky layer using a soft brush. I then top coat and solar oil....

Please help..... why is it cracking?

X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What do you mean by cracking? The top coat is cracking? Or there are cracks in the additive?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds like you may be using too much. ?

Cracks in the additve.

How do u use too much power tgeres only so much sticky layer...

I just burnish it into the stucky layer and top coat.

Cracks in the additve.

How do u use too much power tgeres only so much sticky layer...

I just burnish it into the stucky layer and top coat.

Not 100% sure but I thought Even with additives it's only supposed to be about 30% for the layer. Same when adding in acrylic etc.
Try using less product but doing 2 layers to ensure there's still enough gel to hold the colour? Other than that I'm not sure

Laura xx

Can you do it and take a picture?

Are u being mindful to just float the topcoat over the additive? If you have to do more than one brush stroke I find it pulls the additive creating 'cracks'.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry to ask on someone else's thread but is it two topcoats over as my additives are wearing away really quickly at the ends?

You don't need two topcoats, just be careful to seal the edges. Sometimes I will do two coats to make myself feel better though.

Make sure your getting all the excess additive off before top coating x

Latest posts

Back