CND Additives vs Mica Pigments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilypie

Reaction score
I've got a few micas from the colour shack but am considering getting a couple of CND additives to try.

I was wondering if there is any noticeable difference between the two in how easy they are to apply and the wear of the product, and of course the overall look?

I've tried ombre before with the micas I currently have but not had much luck in getting the shades to blend and always seem to get a line where they meet. Are additives easier to blend? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, I use the colour shack ones and love them, infact I did nothing but ombre fades last week using them lol! It took me a couple of attempts to find the right brush though.
The cnd ones are quite expensive I think? Will be interested to see comparisons though ...

Yes they are expensive in comparison which is why I've not bought any yet but you get a much bigger pot so they probably work out the same in the long run.
I recently bought the brights collection from the colour shack but was disappointed as the colours are nowhere near as bright as online and the red was more of a brown.
Have you got any good combos to try?

I've got a few micas from the colour shack but am considering getting a couple of CND additives to try.

I was wondering if there is any noticeable difference between the two in how easy they are to apply and the wear of the product, and of course the overall look?

I've tried ombre before with the micas I currently have but not had much luck in getting the shades to blend and always seem to get a line where they meet. Are additives easier to blend? Thanks

The CND Additives are the most pigmented and brightest colors. I use them over CND Shellac, mixed in Brisa Lite gels, mixed in Brisa Hard gel, Mixed in acrylic powders and to created nail art. If i'm not dropping them without lid on, i'll never finish them ;-)

The CND Additives are the most pigmented and brightest colors. I use them over CND Shellac, mixed in Brisa Lite gels, mixed in Brisa Hard gel, Mixed in acrylic powders and to created nail art. If i'm not dropping them without lid on, i'll never finish them ;-)

Can I ask if you find the additives to be a true colour when mixed with clear gel as I find it such a pain to have to apply on top of white. Thanks :)

Yes they are expensive in comparison which is why I've not bought any yet but you get a much bigger pot so they probably work out the same in the long run.
I recently bought the brights collection from the colour shack but was disappointed as the colours are nowhere near as bright as online and the red was more of a brown.
Have you got any good combos to try?

Get back in touch with Barbara at the Colour Shack, I'm sure she wouldn't want you to be disappointed with your colours. :)

Sarah r (aka the real Mrs grey) has a video on her you tube page which she compared CND additives to the colour shack pigments. If I remember correctly she thinks that the colour shack are just as good as CND and she has a few colour pop swatches as well x

Latest posts

Back