CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone been able to make a blue shade without the blue additive?!
I know that sounds strange.... I thought I had ordered the blue additive but when my order came it wasn't there - obviously got over excited when ordering and wasn't paying attention!
I have most of the Shellac colours and of the additives I have : red, yellow, pink, green, black and shimmer.
I am going to have a play with the colours tonight to see what I can come up with but was wondering if anyone knew a mix to make a blue....
Thanks in advance!
Kiki x

No you can't mix blue as it's a primary colour xx

When I read the instructions I thought it sounded strange too, they talk about 'locking' the design for 10 seconds too but what are you locking? Perhaps it is to make sure that any tacky layer you have disrupted is cured and also to evaporate the alcohol in the additive paste you made?

Hmm...I didn't think the "tacky" layer could or would need to be cured again as such. Isn't it just a residual layer as a by-product of curing? Also, does uv light evaporate ISA? Doesn't it evaporate by itself (with oxygen)?

I really would love to know, as the idea of a fluid 'watercolour' type effect with additives as outlined in my earlier post, does sound nice :)

You can't mix a blue additive but if you are asking to make a blue base for a union jack flag in which case you could do you design over Blue Shellac (Blackpool/Fedora/Asphalt + Purple Purple) You can also use a blue glitter rockstar base. Doesn't help you if you need a blue for an olympic ring though.

I've used additives with Bio Sculpture Gel and have had brilliant results and so far and no service problems. HTH

that was my next play!!how have you mixed it??into the uncured or cured gel??

Hmm...I didn't think the "tacky" layer could or would need to be cured again as such. Isn't it just a residual layer as a by-product of curing? Also, does uv light evaporate ISA? Doesn't it evaporate by itself (with oxygen)?

I really would love to know, as the idea of a fluid 'watercolour' type effect with additives as outlined in my earlier post, does sound nice :)

ISA is alcohol which will evaporate on it's own but heat + light + fan will speed up the process. You don't need oxygen for something to evaporate. Oxygen is what prevents the top layer of shellac curing (tacky layer) though.

my kit arrived and i have just had a quick play!! im covered in powder lol

on the box it said to put the additive onto uncured shellac but i found i liked it better burnishing into the cured shellac the same as we would glitter

heres a pic of what ive just done

picture.php

the bronze looks stunning on the black and white i have to say....pic doesnt do it justice xx

Additives foil n glitter

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343916739.556050.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343916739.556050.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 818

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear - I meant make a blue base colour shellac rather than an blue additive.

Thanks Syncage - this what I meant, you must be a mind reader! :confused:

You can't mix a blue additive but if you are asking to make a blue base for a union jack flag in which case you could do you design over Blue Shellac (Blackpool/Fedora/Asphalt + Purple Purple) You can also use a blue glitter rockstar base. Doesn't help you if you need a blue for an olympic ring though.

Been playing :) ....

Attachments

• 007 (5).jpg
    007 (5).jpg
    142 KB · Views: 2,983
  • 006 (6).jpg
    006 (6).jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 4,509
I have just been onto the CND website but can only see kit of 6 additives or single additives.
Is there a complete kit of the 12 colours?

I have just been onto the CND website but can only see kit of 6 additives or single additives.

No there is a Kit with 6 then you can buy the other 6.
There is space in the lovely silver box for all 12 :)

Nope, just the set of 6 with the case and brushes or you can buy all of them separately. All 12 fit in the fab case.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Been playing!
The one I have on my fingers is Blackpool with Spectrum Shimmer.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343939723.609124.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343939723.609124.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 593
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343939854.781278.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343939854.781278.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 543
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343939864.509386.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343939864.509386.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 568
I am very pleased with my new purchase!,,

I've done a union jack on my ring finger (bloody hard to do!,) using the blue, Brisa white paint and the red shellac wildfire.

I then mixed some yellow and bronze which has made a beautiful antique gold for the other fingers, go team GB!!!

E x

My first play with additives, love how easy they are to use.

Attachments

• Additives (2).jpg
    Additives (2).jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 2,181

Latest posts

Back