CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a play about with mines today. I done these. I will play about some more and get a feel for them but I am loving them. I like seeing what other folk are doing as I feel I lack imagination when thinking of designs.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344275017.261984.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344275017.261984.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2,844
Why would you be determined not to purchase something from a well known company that has been tested & approved for nail use and that has lots of excellent feedback from happy techs? :lol:
to me they were like ordinary mica powder..But i guess i am wrong i shall give them ago ..Has anyone tryed using barry m dazzle dust and has it worked for them ???:eek::lol:

Slightly better pic of violet over blackpool - its on my playing wheel so excuse whats going on either side of it lol x

Thanks for the pics hun, they look fab, I can tell the colour is richer on your toes. I love the purple fade over blackpool :)

Aha that would do the job, forgot about craft shops, although I think I have something like that in my fridge, my eggs are in it at the moment lol x

I thought it reminded me of something...lol

I'm pretty sure mine came from a pound shop?

Why would you be determined not to purchase something from a well known company that has been tested & approved for nail use and that has lots of excellent feedback from happy techs? :lol:

You need to grind the pigment into Brisa gel or any other gel. you cant do that in little round cups. As a painter of many years standing .. you grind on a pallet or a tile for best results.

Jackie .. some folks are just that way!! lol Always suspiscious, never have any trust that the company is actually recommending a good way to get a good result (which is in their interest as well as yours.) You are like me. If CND recommend it then I GET IT because in almost 30 years I have never regretted that choice and they have never put me wrong.

I had a play about with mines today. I done these. I will play about some more and get a feel for them but I am loving them. I like seeing what other folk are doing as I feel I lack imagination when thinking of designs.

Good Job Lolly. You don't lack imagination .. you just need help from those who know more .. classes will be in place in a few short weeks.

Good Job Lolly. You don't lack imagination .. you just need help from those who know more .. classes will be in place in a few short weeks.

Aww thanks so much. Yes, I will take a look at the classes. I love going through the the fingertips centre, the girls there are all great and so inspirational!

Really looking forward to the additives classes...:lol:

I've only touched the tip of the ice burg as to the colour and effects that can be achieved. You can't bet CND for great education!

I had a quick play this afternoon trying out designs with nail stencils/stickers to mask areas off:

Done with Additives and some glitter over Blackpool. Hope to get a little neater with application next time!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344276038.371003.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344276038.371003.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 856
Jackie .. some folks are just that way!! lol Always suspiscious, never have any trust that the company is actually recommending a good way to get a good result (which is in their interest as well as yours.) You are like me. If CND recommend it then I GET IT because in almost 30 years I have never regretted that choice and they have never put me wrong.
I think that a lot of people think they know better as well.

A few classes here and there means that they know all they can, right? But just because something LOOKS cured, or seems ok doesn't mean that it is. It's just that we can't see if there's anything wrong with it and so we need to take someone's word for it - and for me, that means trusting CND and their scientists who, lets face it, know far more than I ever will! :lol:

It's why, when everyone was saying about what's the difference between micas and the additives. Well, the additives have been extensively trialled with each of the three CND coatings. We constantly extoll the virtues (necessity, of course) of using the system as a whole.... so why then add in micas which may or may not affect the cure/stability/life of the product/service. With the additives, the work is all done. It's all been tested, and I KNOW it's safe to use.

I had a quick play this afternoon trying out designs with nail stencils/stickers to mask areas off:

Done with Additives and some glitter over Blackpool. Hope to get a little neater with application next time!

Wow beautiful! For the lines did you just use a sticker cut up? I've been thinking about trying stickers cut into different shapes to mask areas off aswell. Like someone done on here with the tropix and the bronze additive curved at the top.

Thanks Lolly! :) I used french manicure nail guides in a V shape. Chevron I think they're called x

Thanks Lolly! :) I used french manicure nail guides in a V shape. Chevron I think they're called x

I'll need to get some of those :) thanks.

Thanks for the pics hun, they look fab, I can tell the colour is richer on your toes. I love the purple fade over blackpool :)

You're welcome , glad you can tell the difference as I can't on this laptop ....the screen is terrible at showing the richness/depths of colours - I need to adjust the screen settings but I have no idea how lol x

These are great Lolly! I love them!
***Leaves to go play with additives!***
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you haven't. why not join and post your pics again in the CND additives group!!! We wouldnt want to offend anyone with our excitement and enthusiasm now would we?

:) me and my pics will be heading there shortly :)

Chloe does beautiful work in the shop .. she has examples of everything!! :lol: Go Chloe. She has done it all. :lol:

Is there anyway we can see chloe's examples if we aren't able to go to s2? I live in Birmingham and Ellisons is my nearest distributor.

you must be my shellac twin lol On my fingers Im wearing purple purple with the violet pearl & on my toes blackpool with violet pearl :)

It's gorgeous isn't it? Even the guy who served me in Pret today commented on them!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back