CND at Olympia Beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hooray for Sweet Squared .... the list of exhibitors for Olympia Beauty (18th and 19th May 2008) includes Creative Nail Design :green::green:

I was a bit disappointed to hear they wouldn't be at Professional Beauty at ExCel, but I think I can wait for another two months.

Good news to share isn't it?!

Thanks for the info, might be able to make this show, cant make Excel! :cry:
xxx

Does that means there's no CND there at all??!!:eek:

woohoo thats great news, pity i cant make it to london pmsl, but im sure youll all have great time xx

I so hope they are going to make it up to the Scottish Beauty Show :green:

oh thats great

i can't attend excel

i will get started on my shopping list asap

mmmm were you not informed Sam?:|

Is this possibly an out of date exhibitors list getting peoples hopes up!!

Yes I would think so because I am certainly not aware of this :eek:.

I know some are disappointed about ExCeL... but TBH, it is the right decision for everyone in the long run. Some trade shows have become more about bargain-basement shopping from many who are who are not trained and it's impossible to man the situation once under fire on the Sunday. The stand that THG did last March 07 looked cheap and tacky and certainly NOT about the brand they were representing... shows became about shifting product... period!

CND and the Creative Nail Academy stands for... Cultivating Nail Artists through education... I used to love shows when we could talk to customers and truly explain who we were and what we were about but sadly that became an impossibility.

Sweet Squared (S2) think we can do far better for our customers and our prospective customers by doing something for them, and we are working on this right now.

It may be that we do decide to do Olympia in May, we are certainly not ruling it out but certainly NO decisions have been made as yet so Karen (Noodle), I am sorry if that disappoints :hug: but, what we end up doing won't I promise!:)

Please do not misunderstand this post. Shows have always been important and initially they are there to showcase your products, education offers, to be able to talk about your company, who you are and 'why you rather than someone else', but they have dramatically changed from that in the last few years. Now we see areas filled with tarot card readers, bag stands, belt stands, scarf booths etc and whilst you guys may love it... as the professional paying for stand space, we're not so keen!

We have had discussions in the past on this very site before about people saying 'Creative don't sell to the non professional' and then we have had people saying 'well they do at shows' and we want to address that. CND loyal users are loyal because of the education and the culture CND have nurtured over the years. Now is the time to make that paramount and to let those customers know that we hear them and we are addressing this as of right now.

Plus and on a final note... we are a 3 month old brand new company. It is a massive amount of money to outlay and again... we have ideas that we feel would use that money to benfit our customers in a much better way!

There maybe disappointments but believe me when I say... Sam has come up with something for the future, that we think our customers will LOVE! :!:

Thanks for listening and these are MHO's! :hug:

Thank you Samantha for making the picture a whole lot clearer :hug:

Perhaps Olympia Beauty would do well to update their Exhibitors List, thus avoiding any confusion.

I was looking forward to going to London i may to the show, to see CND, we don´t have that option here in this County :cry:

I was looking forward to going to London i may to the show, to see CND, we don´t have that option here in this County :cry:

Maybe Denmark is a little too small for it's own show... I know Mina and Niss (the CND partners for Denamrk)... they are lovely... maybe you should try and do your own show.... :idea:

I went to the Nail Olympia last year and Ketan Patel, was standing doing a demo, and i was standing and looking at his work and just listen to him talking giving advice for 2 hours it was so good it realy was the trip from Denmark to London worth, I WAS HIGH A HOLE WEEK LATER..

I told my husbond this when i came home a couple a days later and he look at me like i was crazy, and i said WHAT IF YOU COULD HAVE 2 HOURS WITH CHRISTIANO RONALDO TALKING FOOTBALL ... point made i think :)

I went to the Nail Olympia last year and Ketan Patel, was standing doing a demo, and i was standing and looking at his work and just listen to him talking giving advice for 2 hours it was so good it realy was the trip from Denmark to London worth, I WAS HIGH A HOLE WEEK LATER..

I told my husbond this when i came home a couple a days later and he look at me like i was crazy, and i said WHAT IF YOU COULD HAVE 2 HOURS WITH CHRISTIANO RONALDO TALKING FOOTBALL ... point made i think :)
ha ha Ketan would love that!! :hug:

Yes I would think so because I am certainly not aware of this :eek:.

I know some are disappointed about ExCeL... but TBH, it is the right decision for everyone in the long run. Some trade shows have become more about bargain-basement shopping from many who are who are not trained and it's impossible to man the situation once under fire on the Sunday. The stand that THG did last March 07 looked cheap and tacky and certainly NOT about the brand they were representing... shows became about shifting product... period!

CND and the Creative Nail Academy stands for... Cultivating Nail Artists through education... I used to love shows when we could talk to customers and truly explain who we were and what we were about but sadly that became an impossibility.

Sweet Squared (S2) think we can do far better for our customers and our prospective customers by doing something for them, and we are working on this right now.

It may be that we do decide to do Olympia in May, we are certainly not ruling it out but certainly NO decisions have been made as yet so Karen (Noodle), I am sorry if that disappoints :hug: but, what we end up doing won't I promise!:)

Please do not misunderstand this post. Shows have always been important and initially they are there to showcase your products, education offers, to be able to talk about your company, who you are and 'why you rather than someone else', but they have dramatically changed from that in the last few years. Now we see areas filled with tarot card readers, bag stands, belt stands, scarf booths etc and whilst you guys may love it... as the professional paying for stand space, we're not so keen!

We have had discussions in the past on this very site before about people saying 'Creative don't sell to the non professional' and then we have had people saying 'well they do at shows' and we want to address that. CND loyal users are loyal because of the education and the culture CND have nurtured over the years. Now is the time to make that paramount and to let those customers know that we hear them and we are addressing this as of right now.

Plus and on a final note... we are a 3 month old brand new company. It is a massive amount of money to outlay and again... we have ideas that we feel would use that money to benfit our customers in a much better way!

There maybe disappointments but believe me when I say... Sam has come up with something for the future, that we think our customers will LOVE! :!:

Thanks for listening and these are MHO's! :hug:

OHHHHH !!! Now I excited again!!! What!!! When!!! Where!!!??...lol.
I appreciate that you're a new company in early days. So, Devon's a very ice place to put a CND Show on in the summer!! We have a new, big village hall being built and my Mum's can do a deal at her B&B for rooms!!!
Hey! Can't blame a girl for trying!!!!:green:

Are you and Samuel going to be at the shows Samantha?
It would be lovely to say hi again even if you aren't working:hug:

Are you and Samuel going to be at the shows Samantha?
It would be lovely to say hi again even if you aren't working:hug:

Thank you Judy and yes we will be. Sam is demoing PopIts at ExCel and I will be 'chatting'... (yehhh :lol:) to you guys. By the way PeepPaws.. that is very organised of you and sounds totally wicked. I will keep it in mind! :hug:

Thank you Judy and yes we will be. Sam is demoing PopIts at ExCel and I will be 'chatting'... (yehhh :lol:) to you guys. By the way PeepPaws.. that is very organised of you and sounds totally wicked. I will keep it in mind! :hug:

Brill I hope I can catch the demo and look forward to seeing you both x

Latest posts

Back